Forums are back in action! ×

Goooood Morning, Nerd Fitness!

Hey, everyone!

My husband kept linking me Nerd Fitness this week, but I kept forgetting to check it out. He poked me about it again this morning, so I came and took a look. We're nerds, and we're into fitness, so I'm thinking we've come to the right place!

I'm 27 and married with two kids: a 7-year-old girl and a 4-year-old boy. I write web content and do freelance writing gigs for cash, and I write fiction because it's fun.

My husband and I have been overweight since we were little. When I stepped on the scale to start losing, I was at 309 pounds. I couldn't believe it.

Last year, we finally got serious about weight loss for the first time in our lives--we'd tried it before, but we'd done the bare minimum to get by, giving ourselves all of the excuses you can possibly imagine and then getting defeated and quitting. We started with just watching calories and a little bit of cardio. After a couple of months of that, we change our workouts to the Biggest Loser Fitness Program, then we made a few changes in what we ate (whole grains, lean proteins, more veggies and fruits, more natural stuff, etc.). Eventually we both got into running for a while, and now I'm doing P90X.

We've each lost 85 pounds now. I'm still 65 pounds away from my goal of losing 150, so I've got a lot of road left to cover--seeing how far I've come, though, makes it all worth it!

I've been a nerd and a gamer all of my life, but my parents couldn't be convinced to get me new systems and games, so I made do with what I had and looked forward to visiting my friends...a lot. I met my husband (a gamer with resources, the best kind), who quickly got me into a little bit of everything. He introduced me to every game he had, but I always tend to fall back to shooters and MMOs.

I have two blogs, one about World of Warcraft called Tastes Like Battle Chicken and a personal/weight loss Tumblr ('fitblr,' apparently) called No Quit House.

I look forward to seeing what's up around here and getting the last of this weight off!

Archived