Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdy Workout Music

When I listen to music, which is rare...

Star Wars Soundtrack - yeah really. I get a real burst of energy when I hear the opening bars of Duel of the Fates, The Asteroid Field, or Return of the Jedi (the music from the battle on Jabba's sail barge).

Sometimes for a change of pace

Weird Al Yankovic, Iron Maiden, Metallica.

Often though, I listen to books on Audible (Currently on the 2nd book of the Belgariad) when I'm walking/running.

I house clean to Rocky Horror Picture Show ;-) I've also been known to crank up the bagpipes too on occasion. No idea on workout music, I think I need some, never really thought how it might help me get off my arse and get moving....

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

Never thought about the Star Wars soundtrack, it sounds like a fairly epic idea though. I may have to try that.

Thanks! I figure if I'm going to train to be a "Jedi", I should have appropriate music. It also helps me to realize that every WoD I do is my battle against the Sith Lord Darth Sloth and Lardo the Hutt.

My current playlist is Iron Maiden: Flight 666. It's a double-CD live album of their hits from the first 7 albums, plus Fear of the Dark thrown in for good measure.

ooo, As an Iron Maiden fan since the 80's, I'm going to have to check that out.

My workout playlist is so nerdy, it's ridiculous. While there's definitely a lot of rock (nothing gets me pumped like Green Day's "Know Your Enemy" and Coheed & Cambria's "Gravediggers & Gunslingers"), as well as some pop (Lady Gaga FTW), a huge portion of the playlist is video game music. Some of the music on there includes:

• Nobuo Uematsu's battle music from the Final Fantasy series (inc. the Black Mages' metal versions) and Lost Odyssey
  • Yasunori Matsuda's battle music from Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and Xenosaga: Episode I
  • Anamanaguchi's chiptune soundtrack to Scott Pilgrim: The Video Game
  • Some tracks from Persona 3, Persona 4, and The World Ends With You

Yeah, I'm kind of a JRPG nut...

Thanks! I figure if I'm going to train to be a "Jedi", I should have appropriate music. It also helps me to realize that every WoD I do is my battle against the Sith Lord Darth Sloth and Lardo the Hutt.

ooo, As an Iron Maiden fan since the 80's, I'm going to have to check that out.

Definitely. I am blown away by how good Bruce still sounds. He sounded pretty rough on No Prayer For the Dying, but he has definitely recaptured his sound.

Check out this performance that is on the Flight 666 CD - you will get chills at the 2-minute mark when the lights come on and Bruce laughs.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysBKm2bIS3k

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

My workout playlist is so nerdy, it's ridiculous. While there's definitely a lot of rock (nothing gets me pumped like Green Day's "Know Your Enemy" and Coheed & Cambria's "Gravediggers & Gunslingers"), as well as some pop (Lady Gaga FTW), a huge portion of the playlist is video game music. Some of the music on there includes:

• Nobuo Uematsu's battle music from the Final Fantasy series (inc. the Black Mages' metal versions) and Lost Odyssey
  • Yasunori Matsuda's battle music from Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and Xenosaga: Episode I

Have you heard of the Voices of the Lifestream project? http://ff7.ocremix.org/

They have some interesting interpretations of the ff7 soundtrack.

Anamanaguchi, YES. So good. Do you have the game itself? It's awesome.

I haven't actually put any FF music on my iPod, but I have the soundtracks for FFVI and FFVII around somewhere. Also Chrono Trigger. They're from back when the internet was so small, you didn't bother with search engines, you just entered www.[THINGYOUWANTTOFIND].com. In this case, it was www.videogamemusic.com, which having done a brief check, still exists! May be time to look through there...

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

I've been listening to the Inception soundtrack on runs lately. It makes me feel so awesome in every way that my running does not. :)

BRAAAAAAAAAAHMMMM

BRAAAAAAAAAAHMMM

Seriously though, it's a wicked soundtrack for a wicked movie and I'm sure a great one for running to.

Other scores that are faves of mine for moving to -

Waterworld (seriously)

Dark Knight

Black Hawk Down

Resident Evil series

Tron Legacy

Jason

Follow my adventures!

Me | My Youtube | Facebook | RunKeeper