Forums are back in action! ×

A Dirge looking to take the lead.

Good day all,

I am 40 y/o guy that used to be a fireman/EMT until an injury in 98 caused me to have to retire. I stayed in good shape until about 3 years ago when I lost a lot of my will. I started eating more and just becoming a lump in front of my computer. I went from a half a pack a day cigarette habit, to over a pack a day. I just ate anything I wanted and damn all the cals.

So some family background. My dad was overweight for most of my life. He decided in 1984 to start running...a lot. He went from nothing to almost 5 miles a day. He lost a bucket ton of weight in less than 6 months. On fathers day 1985 he had a massive heart attack and died at the age of 39. I decided then, no matter how out of shape I got I would not do it that way.

So here I am, 40 and out of shape. I quit smoking in Nov. and put on at least another 10 lbs. I am already counting my cals and doing a moderate bodyweight work out. I can already see some change in my appearance.

So my stats...

40 y/o male, 5'5", 185lbs. And about 30% bf (just did a check ugh).

My goals are to get strong. I remember being able to carry hose for hours on end. I could carry a 400lb person out of their house with little assistance. I am already eating cleaner and I actually enjoy it. I need to switch my carbs and protein % but that is coming along. I want to do 5 correct pull ups and 20 correct push ups without stopping.

Long term goal is to carry a 400lb person with little.assistance.

Epic goal is to keep this up until I die at the age of 103.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Level 1 Dirge. Singing songs that make you run or die.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?14741-Dragonlyres-Quest

Archived