Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everybody!

I just registered for this site last night! I'm pretty excited.

I'm a pretty easygoing person, so there's not a lot that's outside my comfort zone, but fitness has always eluded me. I've tried often enough, but with minimal success and little sticktoitiveness. Maybe there's a connection there ;). My biggest issues, I think, are confidence and consistency. Oh... and drinking. I am just coming out of a seven year stint as a student, where I developed some really unhealthy habits. Cheap food, long hours, and late nights (You mean I don't have to pull an all-nighter tonight? Let's go to the pub!).

Now, though, I've moved to a new city and have this awesome chance to integrating good habits into my lifestyle!

-I have a wicked, supportive boyfriend who developed this little complex for me (pretty small potatoes to fitness buffs, but by the end of my third set my heart is pounding in my head!). The plan is to do this 3x per week!

-Starting swimming lessons!

-I bought a road bike last year, and it was great for in the country, but I got out of it because I went to school in a city that was not very bike friendly. Now the city we live in has tonnes of bike paths and a wonderful canal you can ride along. Now I just have to get motivated again and get out there!

-We're going to start transitioning into a Paleo-like, partially for fitness' sake but it's more of a community/supporting-local-economies and sustainability thing. We're doing community supported agriculture, where you buy a share of a farm's produce for that year and it gets delivered to you weekly. We're going to do it with veggies, fruit, eggs and meat! It's local, in-season, and healthy! Since we'll barely ever have to go to the grocery store, there's not going to be as much mass-produced crap in our diets.

I'm pretty pumped, and excited to get involved in one of the next challenges! If you guys have any advice or criticisms for me they are totally welcome! I need the accountability. :)

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildling Adventurer

Level 1

--------------------------------------------------------------

STR: 2| CON: 1 | DEX: 3 | WIS: 5 | END: 2 | CHA: 5

Welcome to the Rebellion, Amanda Lee! Looks like you have some great goals set up! :) The CSA sounds like such an awesome thing...my sister is a part of one and she loves it.

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Archived