Forums are back in action! ×

Hi y'all!!

I found NF when I googled Paleo Diet. Then I spent about 2 hours reading some of the blogs. I especially liked the Rules of the Rebellion! This seems like a very fun and supportive site. So sign me up!

I'm currently on a paleo-like diet. My only exceptions are that I eat legumes and rice. I don't eat rice often, but I just learned to like sushi and I want to keep eating it, but I can't quite do it without the rice. I also figure beans are so high in fiber they can't be all that bad, right? Plus I really like beans. I'd like to lose about 25 pounds, but that isn't the sole, or even the primary purpose of going on the diet. My primary purpose is to change my relationship with food. I live to eat, but I'd rather eat to fuel my body.

I started running about a year and a half ago. I have run two half-marathons and a bunch of 5Ks. I originally started running so that I could eat more food without gaining weight. (I live to eat.) I found out that you actually have to eat healthy meals to fuel your runs, which was a bummer at first. Now I just enjoy being able to run.

I'd like to expand my workouts to include more than running. I'm not crazy about lifting weights, but I do need to increase strength. I'm considering body-weight exercises or kettlebells. Any suggestions? I'd also like to squeeze in some yoga, but I'm not sure what is the best way to do that.

Enough about me. :smug: I'm looking forward to being involved with everything that's going on with this site. Bummed that I missed the lion's share of the Challenge. Hopefully they run those often!

Level 2 Hobbit Wannabe Ranger

STR 5 : DEX 3 : STA 6 : CON 4.5 : WIS 5 : CHA 4

Hi, Diezel! I hear that there's another challenge starting up pretty soon. I'm sure that Spezzy will post in the Challenge Info tab when a new one is going to start (current challenge ends July 30th). You can also just hop in and do a mini-challenge for yourself. As for suggestions for exercise, check out some of Steve's workouts here. I like the beginner body-weight and playground exercises. Some people get the Rebel Strength guide and do the exercises from that. Have fun! :)

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Archived