Forums are back in action! ×

A new plan! And some questions...

Korosia

Hi all!

I've been working on my fitness for a few months now, but recently I've been really struggling to make it into a habit. I'll be really excited to do a work-out when I discover some new excersise to do, but I'll either be able to do it and then get bored, or not be able to do it and give up. So my workout frequency is only as often as I find cool excersises to do.

Which leads me to my new plan: I intent to work through every push-up variant on the Art of Maniliness push-up list!. The aim is to get to 3x10 on each one, then I'll move onto the next. I'll do them roughly in order of difficulty so I don't get too bored working on one. Huzzah!

In addition to this, I'm also doing some isometric excersises for my upper body, working especially on the chest and shoulders, and its this I have a few questions on. How should I go about doing these? Do you just do them until you fail (I tend to lose willpower, and hence fail, after about 40 seconds regardless of how good I am at that excersise), or do 3x10 'reps' of 10 seconds? Also, are isometrics ok to do everyday, or do they need to be done every two days like push-ups?

Thanks!

Archived