Forums are back in action! ×

Sooo, obviously I am new here since I am posting here! my Fiancee told me about this site a couple days ago saying "You'd really like this place" I go here and instantly fell in love with it..And here I am now typing an introduction thingy (Which I am horrible at!).

There isn't too much to me, I like to play games, hang out with my friends, obsess over Homestuck (And how), watch anime and other random stuffs! Now for the part that brings us all together here haha.

About a year or so ago I started working at Subway and before that I worked at a Deli for a few months. I weighed roughly 190-195ish not exactly for sure but anyway! After I went to subway I managed to lose some weight just from eating a little bit healthier (Free sandwiches will do that I guess..). I was like, "Wow, I lost 10 pounds just from working at subway? Huh..maybe we should actually try and lose weight". Me and my fiancee had been wanting to try and get healthier for several years having some pretty crappy moments about it on and off. But because of that little bit of hope I got from that we both got motivated to try and do more. We started walking 30 minutes or so a day and using myfitnesspal to track what we were eating. Slowly we started to lose more weight and one day after playing Pump it up (Holy crap this game is FUN AS HELL, it's like DDR except way better) we talked about going to a gym. So..then we went and did that, and for awhile we were kinda doing random stuff. Now we're following workout plans by the New rules of lifting books.

I've gone from 195 to 154 with some decent muscle. But decent isn't enough! I gotta get stronger and stronger! How else will I learn to wield a giant battle axe? On that note I plan to join the ranks of the warriors guild! As for my goals right now..I guess my biggest one is to just get stronger and get down close to 10% body fat I am at 17% now. I also hope to try and be an active member of the rebellion. I keep thinking "Man I am so bad at forums.." but this is more than a forums, it's life with new comrades and hopefully new buddies soon!

And for those curious my fiancee (I don't think she has signed up here yet..dunno) has gone from 265 to 198! Which I think is waaay more impressive than what I've done :o

Lv. 1 Canine Warrior

STR: 3 - DEX:2 - STA: 2 - CON: 2 - WIS: 3 - CHA: 3

"Every dog has his day. Guess I better make every day that day!"

I guess I might as well reply on this post instead of making my own~

Hello, I found this site through the Myfitnesspal forums (someone linked to Spezzy's transformation and I was like hell yeah!) and I've been having fun reading through blog posts for the last few days. I figured I should sign up and lurk in the forums too!

As to my struggle with weight: When I was in highschool I lost a bunch of weight over a couple years after I reached my full height (5'6"), from over 200 down to 175 without trying, but by the time I started college I was already back to 190. By graduation in 2009 I was up to 230, and in January 2011 I was at my high of 265ish. It's been almost exactly one year since I started losing weight with Myfitnesspal to track calorie consumption and exercise. Just this last Monday I hit 198 (somehow completely skipped 199 lol) and was under 200 for the first time since I was 18! (7 years) I went through a period of too much cardio where I wasn't loosing any weight (too much running, not enough eating) and following the New Rules of Lifting for Women book is what got me out of that rut.

I love squats and deadlifts and I'm looking forward to hitting bigger numbers and gaining more muscle (along with losing more bodyfat of course!) I'm still a long way from eating clean and controlling my impulse eating, but I'm lightyears ahead of where I started! A year ago my size 20w pants were uncomfortably tight, and just yesterday I realized my size 16s were looking a little baggy on my thighs and rear. I'm more than halfway to my goal weight and I don't ever want to stop pushing to be better.

Thanks for listening~ =D

Edit: durp forgot to mention that I'm Larc's Fiancee~

It's nice to see you two doing this together. I just joined a day ago myself, but I wanted to say hi, and let you know that I loved reading about what you've done so far. It's always nice to get that extra boost in morale when you read about what other people can and do accomplish.

Ogre Ranger (1st Level)

Stats: (STR) - 3 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 2 (CON) - 3 (WIS) - 3 (CHA) - 3

Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also. -M.A.

Thank you! We don't usually get to go to the gym on the same day since our work schedules are often completely different, but we definitely find encouragement from each other. Plus, cooking for one person is boring so it's nice to switch off on that chore. =D

Archived