Forums are back in action! ×

Recently leveled

Hey. My name is Dillon. I guess I should share a bit about myself. I grew up overweight, entirely my fault. I thought the world started and ended with junk foods and donuts. Well a couple years ago I was sitting at 220. I spraigned my ankle falling down some stairs and was laid up for four weeks. When I finally got on the scale again I had to pick my jaw up. I was at a terrifying 250. Enough was enough. I accidentally discovered the paleo diet and trial an error'd my way through workouts. It took me 11 months but I dropped all the way down to 180. Now I'm 18, 6' tall, sitting at an awesome 183-185 and about 17% body fat. I can do about 8 pull ups, 5 one armed push ups with each arm, clear an 8' gap, and sprint just over 100 yards in 12-13 seconds. I also practice parkour and a few different martial arts. I think I'm doing alright ;)

It's a pleasure to be here

Hey. My name is Dillon. I guess I should share a bit about myself. I grew up overweight, entirely my fault. I thought the world started and ended with junk foods and donuts. Well a couple years ago I was sitting at 220. I spraigned my ankle falling down some stairs and was laid up for four weeks. When I finally got on the scale again I had to pick my jaw up. I was at a terrifying 250. Enough was enough. I accidentally discovered the paleo diet and trial an error'd my way through workouts. It took me 11 months but I dropped all the way down to 180. Now I'm 18, 6' tall, sitting at an awesome 183-185 and about 17% body fat. I can do about 8 pull ups, 5 one armed push ups with each arm, clear an 8' gap, and sprint just over 100 yards in 12-13 seconds. I also practice parkour and a few different martial arts. I think I'm doing alright ;)

It's a pleasure to be here

I sprained my ankle at the peak of my fitness and I gained almost thirty pounds. I can so understand that.

You really sound like you turned your life around!! Good job, buddy! Do you practice in any group settings or are you self taught?

Impressive. :)

Sent from my GT-I5700R using Tapatalk 2

I sprained my ankle at the peak of my fitness and I gained almost thirty pounds. I can so understand that.

You really sound like you turned your life around!! Good job, buddy! Do you practice in any group settings or are you self taught?

Impressive. :)

Sent from my GT-I5700R using Tapatalk 2

I've been self-teaching. It's slower, and as a result I have to be more thorough with observing proper technique and preventing injury because I don't have anyone to say, "Hey, you're doing it wrong. It's THIS, not THAT."

welcome! I went thru about the same thing-only with me, it was a knee injury that sidelined me for 6 mos. Took forever to rehab back to where I could start training again-just can't run any more. Wrecked the other knee about 4 yrs ago, but because I was in better shape (just finished a world ranked karate tournament) I rehabbed in about 4 weeks. Keep up the awesome work- you are doing more than 'alright':smug:

Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of. Douglas Adams

http://sixpackabsv.com

Archived