Forums are back in action! ×

Spending the next two weeks getting out of a rut.

skip-tracer

I'm mostly just typing this up to give myself some kind of accountability, but any advice that you think could be helpful would be appreciated.

I went away for a week at the start of June and thought I deserved to cut myself some slack. Maybe that's true but somehow I have struggled to get back on track after that loss of momentum. After 6 months of continually surpassing my expectations in terms of weight loss and healthiness I've spent the past 5 weeks or so living the way I did in the past. Way too much drinking; more drug use than I should really admit to (not quite that bad, but still a mistake); I'm still eating healthily but I'm eating too much; I used to run several times a week, now once is an achievement even though I've got a half marathon in the autumn; I've gained at least 6lb; I'm sleeping in to the afternoon most days; unemployment is getting me down; I'm no closer to moving out of my dad's house; I can feel depression creeping up on me again.

The plan is to rectify as much as this as possible over the next fortnight. I can't say I have much control over the job situation or my living arrangements but I think the rest of this is manageable. I've got the house to myself so there will be less trips to the pub with my dad, there are no more birthday celebrations or music festivals lined up (they're fun but not really conductive to being healthy), hopefully the weather will improve to make running more fun.

Things to do:

• Follow half marathon training plan exactly.
  • Track calories every day. (Less than 2000kcal net, approximately 100g protein)
  • Bodyweight routine on alternating days.
  • No alcohol (maybe one or two beers on the weekend, but no more than that)
  • Complete university application (I'm unsure if I want to go back to university/ if I can afford it, but I need to apply anyway)
  • Set alarm for no later than 9am every week day.

I'm hoping that if I can force myself to be strict about it for two weeks being healthy will stop feeling like such a chore and will become second nature again.

Archived