Forums are back in action! ×

I want to travel with the Doctor

Hi everyone, I'm a bit of an awkward person so this is going to be awkward, naturally.

My name's Moe, I'm a 20 year old psychology major (going into third year) at a small university in Canada. Oh I'm a girl, not sure if that's relevant but I am a girl, 5 foot 4 inches and about 140 lbs. It's been three weeks since I weighed myself so I'm not exactly sure what I weigh, and I'm happy this way because the scale no longer affects my mood and I'm seeing progress in other, more realistic ways. In another week or so I'll try weighing myself again though.

Because of my height, I think I'm a hobbit. And I love food, second breakfast for the win and could eat four things of Lembas in one sitting. I eat an average of 2000 calories a day and log on myfitnesspal.

Nerd cred: I'm not the hugest nerd but I'm venturing onward into the thick of things and becoming a better nerd. Harry Potter was my first true series and earned all my love and devotion. However I have a huge heart for many series including A Song of Ice and Fire, Doctor Who, Firefly, Angel (okay I worship Joss Whedon and every creation of his), Fringe, Chuck, SG:A, Sherlock, Torchwood, Fables, Sandman, A Very Potter Musical, Watchmen, and Marvel movie-verse (haven't started reading the comics but I adore the movies). I like reading, some of that was mentioned but I should also mention I love Vonnegut, Neil Gaiman, and John Grisham.

I'm a ranger when it comes to classes. I grew up playing rep (ice) hockey and soccer plus non-competitive basketball, lacrosse, swimming, rugby, speed skating, volleyball, and baseball. I may not play all those sports now but I would like to return to some of them and still have a wide array of work outs. Mainly I do strength training - just started New Rules of Lifting for Women today but completed Jillian Michaels 90 Day Body Revolution just before that. But I like to add in pilates, hiking, some times jogging, archery, tried out zumba, swimming, kayaking, etc. To narrow down on one area would tear me apart xD And I want to run with the Doctor, be his companion, and I think ranger would be a good area to be in.

I wrote this a while ago on tumblr, about how I should train in order to become a companion. I'm super cool.

• short distance running, sprints. not so much worrying about the endurance or marathons, just the stuff to get away from Daleks and then some. one clear goal I have for this category is to be able to run half a mile under four minutes, as Donna tried in Turn Left.
  • climbing of all types. I want to become better with stairs, this was an important strategy to “escape†the Dalek episode series one and has been useful other times. and also want to climb ladders efficiently, onto the roof of spaceships and stuff, so working on both climbing and upper body strength is important as a hopeful companion. thankfully when I go back to school in the fall, I have a rockclimbing wall in the gym to start working on and things like the Jacob’s ladder and whatnot.
  • strength, with emphasis on body weight and upper body. if I’m in a life or death situation where I’m hanging over the edge of the building and the doctor is trying to help me, I’m going to want to be able to help myself up too. I want the upper body strength, as mentioned before. One practical goal I have for this category is to be able to fireman carry a regular sized man as not only is it important to be able to lift and carry my own weight but it is important to be able to save the lives of others.
  • escape tactics. still running away from the Daleks but oh no, they trapped me in a corner in an alley! if only I could scale walls, jump fences with ease, and climb things with ease. oh wait! with training I can. hello parkour? that’s right, I want to work on conquering obstacles with the skills of parkour/free running. I think it’s very effective and the skills necessary for this category overlap with others such as the running goals, strength, and balance below.
  • balance training. not usually my forte but it would definitely come in handy if I ever want to dance on top of a ship with captain jack or have to deal with other perilous situations. it’s official, when I get back to school/have my gym membership I’m going to seriously commit to pilates and yoga as I know that core strength and balance is important for things such as parkour and just general balance.

Love your goals and your fandoms! =) I just joined yesterday myself, and it's good to see like-minded people. Seriously, your goal-setting rocks! I don't quite know yet what I'm working towards other than getting stronger, since I only just realized that calorie counting+running is not the way to the kind of body and strength I want. Excited to follow your journey!

Caitriona - Gallifreyan Adventurer
Level 1

STR:1 :: DEX:3 :: STA:2 :: CON:2 :: WIS:3 :: CHA:4

Archived