Forums are back in action! ×

New Knight on the Block

Heya everyone! I just thought I'd say hi to the group! I actually just created my account like 10 minutes ago and am still trying to figure things out a bit lol XD I guess I'll give a little bit about me then!

So my name is Michael/Mike/Mikey/Mr. Mike/Mr. Mikey/MikeMike/Evil Mikey/Tiny Tim/Tim/Kalosia/Kal/Aremok/AremokLP/ALP/543 take your pick! I am an Office Depot associate whose title really should be Jack-of-all-Trades, Master-of-None since I do just about everything in the store except management duties. One of my coworkers at Office Depot lead me to this site when he found it earlier that same day and that's how I came to you guys. I like working in the technology department mostly since I have a slight affinity for computers, so that meshes well for me. In my off time I like to either play MineCraft, Warhammer 40K, WoW (yes seriously ;)), and I'm currently working on some mods for MineCraft. When I'm not doing that I am at my local TaeKwonDo academy learning the martial art for some stress relief, confidence building, and leadership skills, which leads into the next paragraph...

I am also a FireFighter for a small town in the state of Oklahoma. We run both the fire service and EMS service under the same department. Currently we have two stations with a total of 4 Engines, 3 Brush Rig, 1 Rescue, 1 Truck, 1 Water Tender, and 2 EMS Rigs. I have been with the department for over a year now and I have to say that it is my ultimate goal to become a full time career FireFighter. Probably the biggest impact on me from the service would be the brotherhood, which you cannot find in any other workforce except for law enforcement. I also like having fun, playing in the water and running into the burning building (crazy as it sounds I know, but it's playtime for us!), fighting wildland fires, the whole SHABANG! The only problem with this whole scenario is that I'm about the size of a twig with the lifting strength to match it. I have a low endurance level and not much for weight either. Which is why I have come to join the rebellion!

My goals right now are pretty much fire department physical testing standards for Norman Fire Department, which is also my target department of choice.

1 1/2 Mile run in 13 minutes

7 Pull-Ups

25 Push-Ups in 2 minutes

35 Sit-Ups in 2 minutes

165 lb Dummy Carry

These are the goals I want to EXCEED, I just need some help with the know-how to do so. Doing that would make me a much more physically capable FireFighter and that is what I want to be.

Anyways I just want to again say hello and I'm excited to join you all in the rebellion! See ya on the battlefield!

Casting water spells at fire elementals while wearing cloth armor that gives +55 fire resistance... that's my job.

Oh hey there Mikey~ Did you have fun trying to run CPD last week? hahah~ I hope you can find some awesome info here! Obviously I don't know much about hard gainers myself =x But I'm glad to impart any wisdom I may have picked up since I started my journey a year ago =D

Hia, Mikey! Glad to see you joined onto the rebellion too! I haven't really done too much yet around here either or really met anyone yet, but I am sure I will eventually and then we'll also have each other to poke and prod here and the real world, and then the other random people on here. Triple the motivation :o

Lv. 1 Canine Warrior

STR: 3 - DEX:2 - STA: 2 - CON: 2 - WIS: 3 - CHA: 3

"Every dog has his day. Guess I better make every day that day!"

Welcome to the Rebellion, um, Michael/Mike/Mikey/Mr. Mike/Mr. Mikey/MikeMike/Evil Mikey/Tiny Tim/Tim/Kalosia/Kal/Aremok/AremokLP/ALP/543! :P

Steve has a Rebel Strength Guide that might help you in your quest to be less...twiggy. He also has this article that may be helpful. I'm also a twig, and I've found the body weight exercises coupled with eating MOAR! has helped (I was missing the eating more part when I first started exercising...and Paleo ftw!).

Good luck in your transformation, and I <3 your signature! Very clever! :)

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Haha almost every single name up there has a story too XD

I checked out that article and thanks for linking it! That's definitely going to be a go-to source for me! Also, I'm trying to figure out with what my physical requirements for firefighting being which guild I would fall under, being Warrior or Scout or maybe even Ranger. Any input?

Thanks again and haha that was made up on the fly too! ;D

Casting water spells at fire elementals while wearing cloth armor that gives +55 fire resistance... that's my job.

Archived