Forums are back in action! ×

The winds of change are blowing!

Hi all, just a quick-ish intro, prepare to be bored!

I'm a roughly 5'10" 32 year old male. Weighing in at around 96kg (216lbs or 15 stone 6lbs in English money). I have a very sporadic array of hobbies, tend to jump from one thing to another, guessing it's a way of looking for happiness which I still seem to keep missing. These range from sitting on my buttocks playing video games and watching TV to power kiting occasionally, cycling a little, a new foray into hillwalking, and I had a brief fling with the Korean martial art of Kuk Sool Won.

I work in a fast food shop as a manager where all the food choices are horrific and the hours are long and strange and there is a lack of facilities for cooking much healthily. This is my problem, for too long I have used this as an excuse and added to the list as the months go by. I have to check my manual of excuses now, there are several for each of my shortcomings, it's like carrying a telephone directory about with me. :livid:

I guess now i'm looking for the strength to metaphorically, (and maybe after a few years training...physically) tear up that phone directory. Life is too short!

Recently my dad has been diagnosed with Motor Neuron's Disease and a close friend of the family has died of a heart attack. It's the kind of thing that makes you sit up and say "Hey, this has happened to them and they haven't abused themselves like I have, maybe I should change...and fast!!"

I wasn't always "cuddly"..when I started my job I was a svelte, "skinny fat" with a size 28" waist, so I'm guessing it's possible to end up with good results, I just need to put in the work.

To that end I've decided to join the Rebellion. I have signed up to do the UK National Three Peaks challenge on September the 14th (my dad's birthday) for the MNDA to raise awareness...and my heart rate. 10,000 feet of ascent and 23 miles in a day, so I have 3 BIG reasons for motivation, and a set goal time to make a massive difference to my life....and hopefully with the sponsor money I raise touch a few other lives.

In the words of one of the greatest British detectives ever....

THE GAME IS AFOOT!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Dwarven Adventurer Level 1

STR 3

DEX 1

STA 2

CON 3

WIS 3

CHA 3

Just a quick tidbit...tearing a phone book may be easier than you think! There is a certain technique that allows even somebody of moderate strength to rip a phone book in half.

Anyways, welcome! That is quite the goal you have there. I wish you the best of luck! Hope your pops is doing alright!

"You don't life for be sad, no?"

Archived