Forums are back in action! ×

Waiting for my mutant powers to kick in...

Hey, I'm Kim. I'm new here. I've come to Nerd Fitness to get in ninja/super spy shape so that when my latent mutant powers finally kick in I'll be unstoppable ;). I've got a good 30 lbs to lose (I'm 6"0 and 175ish), and I'm obsessed with being really strong. It's no use to me being skinny if I haven't got some muscle.

I spend too much time reading X-Men comics and watching Kdramas. I also love a good game of Halo of CoD Nazi Zombies and of course I'm in love with Zelda games. I'm a black belt in Taekwondo although I haven't been training lately. I run and have recently started practicing yoga and TRX to help me recover from issues with my knees. I am a vegan with food sensitivities which causes me to get creative and make a lot of my own food. I have mad baking skills and can make a gluten-free vegan cupcake taste better than any regular cupcake you can buy out there. Annnd that's where a lot of my problems are.

My office pays me to bake for them and it's become a major issue. I always end up sampling my baking, and when I get a little sugar in me and I can't stop! I need more. I am a hard core sugar addict!!! :(

The good news is I'm doing my best to keep off the crack..err..I mean sugar. I'm 2 weeks clean, Wo0t! I've also been dedicated to keeping a regular training schedule which will be new for me. I am running 21k per week (minimum), attending 3 TRX classes and 3 Yoga classes per week, and keeping active however I can in between.

I've got a long way to go, so I just hope I can stay motivated. Wish me luck!!!

As a fellow sugar addict, I feel your pain. But it sounds like you're amped to make a lifestyle change and stay active. Good on you! Also, Zelda and COD ftw! :D

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

Hey Kim, welcome to the forum! Which I feel weird saying, since I just joined 2 days ago myself! But I'm excited to see other non-meateaters trying to get strong!

It's no use to me being skinny if I haven't got some muscle.
Haha, yes! I'm right there with you! Any clues yet what your mutant powers might be? =D

Caitriona - Gallifreyan Adventurer
Level 1

STR:1 :: DEX:3 :: STA:2 :: CON:2 :: WIS:3 :: CHA:4

Hey Kim, welcome to the forum! Which I feel weird saying, since I just joined 2 days ago myself! But I'm excited to see other non-meateaters trying to get strong!

Haha, yes! I'm right there with you! Any clues yet what your mutant powers might be? =D

Great! Another veg!!! I believe we can get healthy and strong without meat, so let's do it. ;) I feel better when I don't eat animal products, do you?

Unfortunate but true, so far one of my super powers appears to be the ability to attract crazies from miles around. My friends are amazed by the people who approach me. Hobos bowed to me the other day while I was walking to the comic book store!

I also have the somewhat more useful power of persuasion. People usually like to do what I say. Still not super exciting. LOL.

I was really hoping for invulnerability or flight or something. Catlike reflexes at least.... Haha.

Hey fellow newbie!

I just joined myself. I really really love the whole idea of Nerd Fitness, it's sort of how I already live, but with real rules set out, and a massive community to share it with.

I'm not vegan, but I AM vegetarian. I still eat eggs and some dairy. We can debate on that forever, but instead lets just focus on our mutual lack of meat in our diet!

I actually should go add to my own intro post that I'm vegetarian, how did I miss that? lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Monk

Spirit of the Wolf

Level 1

Hi fellow noobs! I'm new too. In the process of writing up my own intro post, but I wanted to say that although I'm an omnivore I rarely eat meat. I'm with WolfKack though, and I eat eggs and dairy. I'd like to build up my strength and would love to conspire with you all on how to eat right, get those high levels of protein in our diets and not eat meat.

Intro post coming soon...

Nads

Calm breath. Calm body. Calm mind.

Challenge #1

--

nadiapayan.com

go nads, go.

Hey guys, nice to hear from you. I think it's great to see people here who are working on getting fit AND doing it without meat, regardless of whether you eat dairy or eggs. I don't judge for it. I am intolerant to lactose, casein and egg whites so I didn't really have much choice in the vegan matter! ;) I can't say where I would be if my stomach actually worked properly. LOL.

I'm personally in the eggs&dairy camp myself (local as much as possible), with occasional seafood (working towards quitting that). I just personally felt a lot better health-wise once I cut out meat, but I'm all for everyone making choices that work for them. =)

I'm doing well with getting enough protein, but I need to start challenging myself to eat less over-processed vegetarian products. Fake chicken nuggets are my downfall - so much better than real ones, haha! So yep, I'm totally into building a support community for eating right on a meat-free diet, npayan!

Level 1

Getting rid of the processed foods is super important when you're a veg., but they are just so convenient!

I have a few recipes on my blog if you're interested. It's www.vegangeekblog.com. Ignore the cupcakes hahaha. I haven't been updating since I've been spending more time working out and haven't had time, but I'll get around to posting more healthy recipes soon.

Oh man, that blog looks awesome! And I've been craving Alfredo sauce! And I love everything that that is made with nutritional yeast! Seriously, I'm gonna go for a run and then come back and read more of your delicious recipes.

Level 1

I live with my girlfriend and another couple. my girlfriend and I are vegetarian and my otherflatmates have just gone vegan so our dinners are Vegan since they are shared. looking forward to using some of your delicious recipes!

By the way, I'm currently training to be an exercise professional so if anyone has any questions about exercise, nutrition, or just general well being, especially with a no meat diet, just go ahead and ask :) npayan I thought you may have had somethng to ask, your post seemed a little unsure :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Monk

Spirit of the Wolf

Level 1

By the way, I'm currently training to be an exercise professional so if anyone has any questions about exercise, nutrition, or just general well being, especially with a no meat diet, just go ahead and ask :) npayan I thought you may have had somethng to ask, your post seemed a little unsure :)

Thanks WolfKack! As I cook, I'm sure I'll have questions. Now I know who to pester.

Nadia

Calm breath. Calm body. Calm mind.

Challenge #1

--

nadiapayan.com

go nads, go.

Archived