Forums are back in action! ×

need running advice - numbness in my foot?

Ok - I have new shoes, have been wearing them for about 10 days. I am taking up a C25K program for the current challenge.

I thought I knew that if you felt numbness/tingling in the foot, you should loosen the laces across the top of the foot. I can't seem to get this adjusted right. It doesn't really bother me with regular daily use, but when I did my first run this morning it was a problem - I kept adjusting but couldn't get relief?

Will this pass? How long should I try before I give up on these shoes?

They are nothing fancy $40 asics

Any wisdom for me?

Thanks, Gem

Level 1 Earth Mother Druid 

STR-2 DEX-1 STA-3 CON-3 WIS-3 CHA-3

I kept loosening them - but maybe I did not go far enough. I was trying to do the adjusting during the walk segments so I felt kind of rushed. I have them very loose now - my heel is almost slipping. I will try again with the loosest possible adjustment.

whoa! there are so many things that I just never thought of in this world LOL. never thought of lacing a different way - I am gonna try this! thanks so much. guess it wouldn't hurt to browse around at "runner's world" either...