Forums are back in action! ×

I'm getting stronger!

Last week I did the following work out:

30 kettle bell rows on each arm

63 wall pushups

21 squats

I struggled with it.

It took several sets to get through the rows and push ups, and 2 sets to get through the squats My time was 15 minutes. Today I did the rows in 3 fairly neat sets of 10, I did all of the wall push ups at once and all of the squats at once. My time today 8 minutes 34 seconds.

I can also do 5 knee pushups, and I couldn't do 1 on July 1st.

Congrats on the progress. Have you tried incline push-ups? Seems to me with 63 wall push ups you could do with increasing the intensity a little, inclines will be easier than knee push ups if you're finding those harder.

I'll have to google those, but that might be a good in between step considering I can just bairly crank out five on my knees. Thanks for the advice. And thanks everybody for the congrats!

Yup that is great progress!

I second on moving up the intensity of the push ups. To do an incline push up put you hands on your couch and try to get your body at a 45angle. Do push ups. If it is too easy, move to your desk. Too easy? Use a dining room chair. Keep goin until it gets hard, and then do them there until they become easy.

Good luck and keep up the good work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Level 1 Dirge. Singing songs that make you run or die.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?14741-Dragonlyres-Quest

I second the incline push ups. Also I have heard its easier moving from incline to floor push ups then from your knees to floor push ups.

Not sure about that (not saying it's wrong, or right). I follow CC which has the push up progression as Wall, Incline, Knee, Half (full push up but only going down halfway so half the range of motion) then full push ups. I know the progressions have been good for me.

I'll have to google those, but that might be a good in between step considering I can just bairly crank out five on my knees. Thanks for the advice. And thanks everybody for the congrats!

NF Push up article Steve talks about inclines in his push up article. Like dragonlyre says the great thing about them is you just change the angle to make them harder or easier to get a level you feel comfortable with.

It feels awesome!

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I think I'm going to see about my kitchen counter as a height for incline push ups. That may be too easy, my bathtub might work also. But I think inclines ate definitely my next step, and in between keep seeing how many knee and floor ones I can do.

Thanks again for all the great advice!

Archived