Forums are back in action! ×

Getting Down to Business in the UK

Hi all!

Another newbie here. I'm living in Kent, England. Any one else in the area?

I discovered this site a few months ago and instantly knew that I wanted to join the Rebellion. I sent links to all of my family and friends....and then promptly did nothing to get healthy or fit. I've been feeling a restless urge to start working out after months of nothing, and three days ago my fiance and I decided to book a wedding venue for the end of September.

That means in 8 short weeks I'm going to want to feel and look good in a wedding dress. Holy cow!

Having a date in mind has really given my brain a kickstart, and I'm ready to dig in. I've been doing the Beginner Body Weight Circuits and they are awesome. I really feel like I've gotten a fantastic workout afterward, and I can see improvements already in a week. I'm trying to go semi-paleo and cut out - or at least reduce - snacky foods and filler carbs.

For the moment, my goals are to focus on improving my diet and exercising regularly. I don't own a scale, but I do have a pair of jeans that are just that liiiittle bit too small. I'll feel really satisfied when they're comfy or loose again.

On another note, can any one suggest good exercises for upper arms? :)

I'm excited to join you all!

Level 4 Ranger, Former Hero of Rivertown

STR 7.75 | DEX 8 | STA 8.25 | CON 9.75 | WIS 14 | CHA 8

First Challenge
Second Challenge (Reboot!)

Third Challenge

Current Challenge

Inventory: 5 silver pieces, a steel schiavona, a dented Roman helmet, and a Fire Flower power up

Wow, 8 weeks til the big day, congrats! :D I'm sure having a finite date will help a bunch with motivation :)

On another note, can any one suggest good exercises for upper arms?

As far as I've gathered the best way to get toned is to use some form of weight training, however one thing that has always run too true for me is there is no such thing as spot reduction. Might I suggest something like starting strength? I think the best person to ask would be spezzy

Congrats again and good luck! :D

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

Welcome to the Rebellion, Elenea! For upper arms, you can try push-ups, pull-ups (negatives if you can't do pull-ups yet), dips, and inverted body rows...but don't quote me on that because that might target your back/chest as well as or more than your upper arms...and as I was writing this, I remembered that Steve has these videos, with sections on back, shoulder, biceps, and triceps. Maybe something there will be helpful to you?

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Archived