Forums are back in action! ×

Enter, WolfKack

Hello Rebels!

I'm just posting to present myself as a new recruit.

My name is Zachary, but my friends mostly call me Kack(simply because it rhymes with Zach). I often add "Wolf" to "Kack" as a screen name because the wolf is my spirit totem(if you read into/believe that sort of thing).

So here I am as WolfKack. I live in New Zealand and I'm currently studying to be a personal trainer. When I'm qualified I will be working in a gym/studio here in my hometown of New Plymouth called Studio Athletica. This gym has no machines(except a rowing machine) and it's aim is to teach correct and beneficial mobility and stability of the spine and joints. Bodyweight and free weight excercises are all we do(including kettlebells, kettlebells are so good for teaching the body "rhythm").

So that's where I'm heading.

Besides the study I'm interested in some pretty similar outlets. I love martial arts. I have trained in Tae Kwon Do, boxing, Muay Thai, Shaolin Nam Pai Chuan, and a little bit of Wing Chun. I am currently about to start Ryukyu Kempo. I have been to one class.

I'm also trying to teach myself some gymnastics type stuff, and a friend of mine is going to start teaching me parkour soon. So you can see where my focus is.

I'm stoked to have come across the rebel army, and I intend to stay! Let's fight for a better, safer, stronger, faster world!

I should probably also throw in the fact that I'm vegetarian! I still build muscle and get string though, so please, no "but how do you get your protein?" unless it's a genuine query and not a dig on my current chosen lifestyle :D

I don't really know what else to tell you. If there's anything you want to know, just ask. If you wish to have a conversation, just do so :) I love meeting new people, especially with similar interests. Thanks to the power of the internet it doesn't matter where you are!

SO, HI!!!!! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Monk

Spirit of the Wolf

Level 1

Welcome to the Rebellion, WolfKack! Sounds like you'll fit in just fine with the Monks (martial arts) and the Assassins (parkour, bodyweight) :)

I do actually want to know how you get your protein. I've been trying to eat 1 g per pound of body weight, and I only ever seem to reach half or slightly over half on a daily basis. I eat meat and eggs, drink Silk, eat a variety of fruits and nuts, and typical veggies are carrots, celery, onions, bell peppers, and lettuce. Vegetables were only in my diet starting as an adult, so I'm still exploring tastes and textures. I've started looking into protein shakes...not much success (Spiru-tein Vanilla was AWFUL, and right now I'm drinking the cookies and cream flavor...resounding meh). So if you have any tips, I'd appreciate hearing them! :)

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

An omnivore asking a vegetarian for protein tips? This must be a first!

I can tell you what I eat but that's all I can do. I'm no nutritionist, and I don't treat my body like a mathematical equation. I have no idea how much protein(or anything else for that matter) I get each day, I simply listen to my body and let it tell me what I need and what I don't.

For breakfast I have wholegrain oats with some banana, peaches, kiwifruit, or some other fruit... natural unsweetened yogurt and some soy or dairy milk. That's generally around 7am after some stretching and yoga.

Then around 10am I'll have a boiled egg and a small handful of raw mixed nuts and two or three dried apricots. If, after waiting a few minutes I'm still hungry, I'll have a snack bar also.

for lunch I'll have a sandwich, usually peanut butter, and something more, usually leftover dinner. I'll also have a piece of fruit or two.

Around 4pm I'll have another snack: another boiled egg and some nuts.

For dinner I have what ever is being cooked or whatever I'm cooking. Two of my flat mates are vegan so our shared meals are vegan meals. We have a lot of different kinds of meals: stir fries, curries, soups, vegan nachoes ....

what you're interested in is the protein, so we get that from beans, chickpeas, lentils, and on the odd occasion soy products. Many more things too! but those are the main ones.

I hope this helped. As you can see I kind of just throw protein in everywhere I can haha.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Monk

Spirit of the Wolf

Level 1

Note to self, when posting from my phone, check the auto corrections.

I've edited my post cause some of it was very bad English and didn't make sense, and some of the words it had autocorrected completely contradicted what I was saying. E.g. it changed chickpeas to chickens, WE DON'T EAT CHICKENS! lol

I also often have a curried egg sandwich instead of a spread, and I always get the healthiest, grainiest bread I can find.

Go try some lentils! You'll love 'em or you'll hate 'em

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Monk

Spirit of the Wolf

Level 1

I thought the chickens thing was weird! But I also thought maybe you were referring to all of the eggs you eat. I've eaten chickpeas before, love 'em in soups, but hubby HATES them passionately. He won't eat my supper soups if there are chickpeas in it. Seriously. But then again, I pick mushrooms off of veggie pizza/salads/etc., so I can't blame him entirely for being a picky eater.

Thanks again! If I try lentils in the near future, I'll let you know if I like them. You wouldn't by chance have a recipe of something that tastes awesome and has lentils in it, would you?

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Archived