Forums are back in action! ×

Finally joining up

After years of being deceived by the evil Empire and their low-fat, high carb diets, I am finally joining the rebellion. Three years ago, my thyroid went crazy and grew a very large (but thankfully benign) tumor. This was after years of having terrible gastrointestinal problems (which we later found were due to my thyroid non functioning). While these two things were certainly not the cause of my weight problems (I take full responsibility for that), they definitely did not help.

I switched over fully to the primal/paleo lifestyle (I refuse to call this a diet) a week ago. No grains, no bread, no sugar (though I have used honey) and no caffeine, except what is present in my green and black tea. Already I have noticed a difference in the way that I feel. I have no idea how much I weigh, as I do own a scale, but I guess it's around 235-245lbs. I am currently only keeping track of my weight loss with pictures and the knowledge of how my clothes fit.

I look forward to getting to know everyone! This half-dwarf (I'm quite short at only 5'3) woman is off to the Ranger boards!

Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard at it.

-Winston Churchill

Archived