Forums are back in action! ×

Question about abs...

DoogieT

I think you said a mouthful here. I think the important point was missed and that's that younger people who are peaking have more efficient means of turning food into energy, but also have the ability to better repair their young bodies overnight for recovery which allows them to train harder, longer and achieve higher levels of performance and fitness in training. That's why you don't see any 42 year olds competing in the olympics, or the nfl... unless you're the place kicker... hahaha... also at 20 the male body is mature as growth plates settle and you are able to add onto a newly-constructed adult frame.

my point i guess is that when I was 20 i had my head in a book and never got to realize my athletic potential... i made my choice and i'm happy with it... looks like you have that opportunity and you're making the most of it so far... congrats and rock on bro... :)

Agree, I'm 42 & exercised most of my life, the older you get, a longer recovery is required and you do slow up (I hate this fact but it is reality). This is not an excuse though to not exercise & set low bf% goals it just means you learn to adjust & take recovery, weight loss etc as being slower than when you were 20.

Brah, you are going great guns & look fantastic!

'Don't quit, two words, that's it' :-)

Archived