Forums are back in action! ×

New recruit ready for the big dream

Hi rebels,

I am a young French recruit who has been living already in 5 different countries- so more a mercenary....

My last posting was really far away in Central Asia where I had a kind of epiphany: taking care of my body. It's often -45C during winters (I think -100F?) and I was amazed to see my body surviving and even adapting well!

So back in Europe I had a crazy idea. For my 30th birthday I want to trek from Katmandu to Everest base camp. And I have 5 years to get in shape for it!

I am not overweighted: 65kg for 167cm but I need to lose body fat, gain muscles, I would like sOme definition and I need to build up endurance! Also I would like to be able to do push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups, etc

I have also started this summer to look at what I am eating and was very keen on reading Steve's articles.

For me this is a life change and not just a chick summer bikini dream. I want to learn mountaineering, trekking, etc.

My weekly workout for two months has been alternating the gym (pump class + core strengthening class) with 5K runs for 5-6 times a week and yoga to stretch.

Cheers!

Welcome Louneft, that sounds like an amazing goal! I can relate to what sounds like a love of the outdoors, one of my goals is to also learn mountaineering. Deciding to make a permanent life change sounds like a much healthier decision, both mentally and physically. I wish you the best of luck with your adventure. Don't lost track of your dream :)

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

Archived