Forums are back in action! ×

Azeris new warrior reporting for duty

Hey guys i'm Randy, I'll answer to Azeris just fine it was my name in wow for the last 6 years.

About Me (The Basics):

I'm a guy that loves food and didn't care about being fat until one day my doctor gave me a c-pap machine. This thing is dreadful to sleep in, The very next morning I made a commitment to lose weight get healthy and get rid of that dreaded mask. Since that day I have lost exactly 50lbs, currently I weigh 228. As I get closer to my goal weight I think more and more about keeping it off and staying healthy. Losing the weight is probally the easiest part of this transformation I wish to achieve. So a few basic facts about me: I'm a Texan living in Miami, FL. What is a Texan doing in Miami you ask? I moved here to marry the girl I played wow with every day for five years, she was the only reason I played lol. We have been married just over two years now and I'm happier than I've ever been in my life. When I started losing weight I told myself when I got to a healthier weight I would start doing mma or bjj, well now I'm close and don't want anyone to punch my face, so I joined a wrestling school a few weeks ago, and I'm having so much fun doing that. Ok i'll move on this could get tl/dr real quick.

I'm here to get advice on training, technique, meal plans, and everything else I need to live a long healthy active lifestyle, being fairly nerdy myself and know how we can easily pour hours and hours into researching one lift or exercise and really strategically, and methodically plan out everything, I figured this is probably the best source of quality information out there.

I'm an architecture student with a full time job, but some how I manage to fit in all my work outs and balance my life pretty well. I am dedicated to the cause, my life depends on it.

My goals:

I want to shed some more weight and body fat. 215 is my current goal. I'm 6'1 with broad shoulders.

-I want to look like the wrestlers, i've looked up to my entire life as naturally as I can.

-Learn

-I want to be huge.

-My health, to be able to be there for my future children

Welcome!! Sounds like you've made awesome progress and have the drive to see it through :)

So how's about uppin' the ante on those goals of yours? :) Can you add some timeframes...and maybe break 'em down into specifics (like, being huge = adding 5 lbs of muscle + benching 250 lbs + squatting 350 lbs within 6 months)?

Looking forward to hearing more :)

What you do, and what you don't do, matters.

Welcome to the community, Azeris :)

Congrats on the results of your journey so far! As per usual Horsedog gives brilliant advice, breaking down those goals into specific, measurable and time-bound goals will significantly help with motivation. I'm sure wanting to get healthy for more than just looks is going to help you LOADS with motivation as well, though. Keep fighting the good fight bro!

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

I am still focused on weight loss, I have strength goals but I haven't put in any thought into establishing challenging goals, currently my deadlift is at 5 sets of 365x5. That pushes me to the limit. I attempted 385 but my grip failed just before I could get to the top of the lift, It was at the end of my workout so my hands were tired. My deadlift goal currently is 500, and I think that is doable in the not to distant future.

My squats are another story my gym does not have a rack so I do them in the smith machine, I try and nit cheat them off the machine as much as I can i do 320 on that but I know it's not the real thing. I'm joining the gym where I work(FIU) just for the rack, they don't open early enough in the mornings for me to use that gym full time.

My bench presses are lagging behind what I would like, I do 3 sets of 155x10 and it is a struggle.

I am still focused on weight loss, I have strength goals but I haven't put in any thought into establishing challenging goals, currently my deadlift is at 5 sets of 365x5. That pushes me to the limit. I attempted 385 but my grip failed just before I could get to the top of the lift, It was at the end of my workout so my hands were tired. My deadlift goal currently is 500, and I think that is doable in the not to distant future.

My squats are another story my gym does not have a rack so I do them in the smith machine, I try and nit cheat them off the machine as much as I can i do 320 on that but I know it's not the real thing. I'm joining the gym where I work(FIU) just for the rack, they don't open early enough in the mornings for me to use that gym full time.

My bench presses are lagging behind what I would like, I do 3 sets of 155x10 and it is a struggle.

Jeebus! Those are some big lifts :) Sounds like you could probably increase bench and still focus on your primary goal of weight loss, though :) Keep us posted!!

What you do, and what you don't do, matters.

Archived