Forums are back in action! ×

Double Woot! =D

Caitriona

Man, I'm on a roll!

1. You guys, I continuously ran 2.5 miles this weekend! I know it's not a whole lot, but it's the farthest I'd ever gone. Not only that, but my previous farthest had been just under a mile! I just decided to push myself and go for it - and I did! I think I have my "2 Unlimited" Pandora station to thank - 90 electro-pop anyone?? Now when I say run, I really mean more of a not very fast jog, but still, right? It's a milestone!

And 2. I finally, FINALLY joyned the gym today, using a Groupon I've had for almost a year. And I signed up for a one-on-one introductory session with a trainer where we'll talk about my goals and create a workout routine for me. AND since I was already there I hopped on the stationary bike for a half hour. My old self would have just happily pedaled away for an hour at a low resistance, but I set it to a much higher resistance that I'm used to and set it to interval... and man, did I break a sweat. It was hard, but so worth it. I feel great, and it's only 11.30 in the morning.

In closing: WOOT!

Caitriona - Gallifreyan Adventurer
Level 1

STR:1 :: DEX:3 :: STA:2 :: CON:2 :: WIS:3 :: CHA:4

that's awesome! congrats on everything! that's a huge improvement on your run distance.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Thanks, guys! I'm still kind of in disbelief, haha. Probably won't even try to replicate that for a little while, since I think I may have pushed myself a little too hard. Gotta give my legs some rest. But it was too fun to stop! I think I finally understand what people mean when they say that running is addictive. =D

Level 1

Con-friggin-grats Cait! Pushing yourself is never easy but the rewards are oh so gooood :)

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

Aww, thanks, guys! I'm so glad to have a place where people get excited with me!

Sweet run! Ain't sweatin' fun?

Yes. Yes, it is. But if you had told me this half a year ago, I would have laughed in your face. =D

Level 1

Archived