Forums are back in action! ×

Jock by day-Geek at night

皆さんこんにちは

Hello Everyone

I'm a life long jock/geek who has logged just as many hours devoted to sports and weight lifting as I have video games and anime. Currently, I work as a personal trainer and hold a BA in Sports Management with a minor in English Education; however, I obtained a TEFL certification and one of my goals is to teach English in Japan after becoming more fluent in the language. If I love my stay, I can see myself living there indefinitely.

My life story:

I was a very skinny kid who lived off of pop tarts, cereal and pizza but was quite active. My wake-up call occurred during my freshman year in high school when I tried track. Because of my crappy diet, I had very little stamina despite being fast. That's when I realized I had to change my eating habits and begin weight training to become a better athlete. Upon graduation, I weighed about 153 lbs and actually put on a respectable amount of muscle from the viewpoint of a former skinny kid.

During college, I scheduled classes around eating and never took more than three classes back to back. I began educating myself about physiology, performance nutrition and the relationship between the two to maximize results. After five years of dedication, meal planning, retiring and waking early, and exercising, I hit the 200 lb mark while staying pretty lean.

I've had a few injuries over the years (last was a ruptured pectoral minor and tendon) and often used myself as a guinea pig trying various ways to cut body fat for experimentation purposes. Due to both, I sadly lost a lot of the muscle I've gained. I'm down to 160 lbs and am in the 3rd week of my Carb Cycling bulking phase and will stop once I near 13% body fat (currently 10%). If I can one day get back to about 190 lbs, I'd be content.

During my journey I'll track my progress, visit and respond to threads, and offer any kind of advice or support to anyone in need of a helping hand.

よろしく。はじめまして。

Yorushiku. Hajimemashite.

Daniel

ダニエル

Archived