Forums are back in action! ×

Say hello to socks!

Hello, socks here. This is my name because I would knit socks in class and one of my professors took to calling me 'socks'.

Where I'm At

5'9" M, 170 lb. I'm okay with this weight. Sure, I could stand to lose a few pounds, but I lift weights. So I would rather focus on increasing strength and maintaining weight for now. I lift three times a week: squats, bench, deadlifts, and overhead press. I do chin-ups five times a week. Chin-ups are my favorite exercise ever, I can do 15 but I want to do more. 20 is my current goal. I also do rowing machine, kettlebell, and hiking, but not on any fixed schedule, just if I feel like it on non-lifting days. I have recently started doing the paleo diet because everyone's doing it and I want to be cool. heh. I still drink milk though.

Why I'm here

I have started and stopped lifting several times in the past, and I really want to make it a lifelong habit that I don't just drop when it gets too difficult. I want to keep lifting three times a week long after the easy gains stop coming. I am hoping the community here will keep me motivated and encourage me if I feel like quitting.

I plan on joining the Warrior's Guild since they are all about lifting.

I also have some life goals. I have pretty bad social anxiety (like there is a good kind), both in real life and on the internet. Like this is the first forum post I have made for months on any forum, lol. So my goals will involve making friends, asking girls out, actually getting out of the house and interacting with people other than grocery clerks, posting more on the message boards, etc. Okay, enough awkward rambling this post is over! Oh oops, not yet.

Nerd Creds

Almost a straight A student in high school because I just loved school, majored in Mathematics, mastered in Statistics; I love my video games, especially anything in the main Super Mario series or any RPGs; my favorite genres of books/TV/movies are fantasy and sci-fi; when pressed to come up with another nerdy thing to put on this list, I settled on "I wonder who would win in a fight if Gandalf and the Balrog teamed up against Battlestar Galactica?"

[sIGPIC]http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8311&dateline=1344310750[/sIGPIC]

Lv.1 Breton Warrior

STR 4 / DEX 3 / STA 3 / CON 2 / WIS 2 / CHA 1

lift heavy things

Hey Socks! I'm new too. Good luck with sticking to the lifting routine - I find this image amusingly motivational: http://quickiechick.tumblr.com/post/18499462128/wow-i-really-regret-that-workout-no-one-ever (ignore the source, it was the first link that came up on google :P)

As to your last question, I have to wonder how stable a team Gandalf/Balrog would prove to be. To my nerdy shame, I've never watched BSG (It's on my To Do list, I swear), so I can't really answer your question properly. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

I think Gandalf would go solo and take on both the Balrog and Battlestar Galactica....and he would win :)

And welcome, socks! I've crocheted socks before, but I'm horribly bad at knitting. I hear there's a forum on here somewhere for knitters/people on Ravelry, but I haven't gone to it yet.

Good luck with your lifting too! All that extra protein and healthy stuff from eating Paleo definitely helps with gaining muscle. But don't do it because you want to be cool......

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Archived