Forums are back in action! ×

Time to sto yo-yoing.

As much as I do love a good yo-yo (I suck at them though) I'm not a fan of my body doing the same. Every winter my weight goes up slighly higher than it did the year before, and every summer I manage to bring it back down to almost where it was the previous summer, usually by doing lots of walking or redoing the c25k plan or going to a gym, getting nervous about free weights and doing the machines, getting bored and wasting my membership until it expires.

Each summer at the beginning of the summer I always tell myself that this year is going to be the year, but I never ever succeed. This summer I'm actually going to succeed at it, and even continue my success into the colder season, as opposed to just slacking off and eating unhealthy because I don't want to go outside.

I've been obsessively reading everything on this site for a couple of months and have started a modified paleo (there are certain aspects to Paleo I disagree with) and am getting back into running (with Vibrams, naturally) as well as trying out the Angry Birds workout. I was going to a Muay Thai gym, but as I'm in between jobs right now that'll have to wait. Future goals include taking up Yoga because I'm not very flexible or balanced (bad for Muay Thai) and spending a few months just bulking up a bit. Eventually I want to get into Parkour, but that is a few months down the road.

I'm definitely stealing the epic quest of awesome idea, and in the process of writing mine up now.

This too, shall pass.

Ooh! Thank you for mentioning the Angry Birds workout; I hadn't read that post yet. =) Welcome here! I'm new myself. I'm eating the primal diet ala Mark's Daily Apple, and I've been having some good success with it. Isn't parkour awesome?

My plan for the next year (July 23, 2012-July 23, 2013):

I am walking to Mordor! I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.

I am doing Convict Conditioning.

I am eat primally.

I am not weighing myself for a year.

Starting weight: 223

Current weight: ??

Goal weight: 145

oh man i want to do parkour one day. brendan, come down to nyc next year and do a tough mudder with me - that's pseudo-assassin's creed. just more mud, fewer italians.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

Excellent!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

Archived