Forums are back in action! ×

I think im ready to level up.

My main goal is to reduce my body fat and clean up my diet. The whole paleo diet has really gotten my interest. Mainly 'cause it seems to make sense!

Iv started doing full body workouts every other day and plan to start walking in the morning for 5-10 minutes.

At first it was because i wanted to look and feel good enough to take my shirt off at the beach when i go on holiday with my girlfriend but i dont want it to stop there. I want to look and feel good forever! For me!

I hope to get more involved in the community and love the success stories! Id love to make some new friends too!

Christian.

hey christian! welcome!

At first it was because i wanted to look and feel good enough to take my shirt off at the beach when i go on holiday with my girlfriend but i dont want it to stop there. I want to look and feel good forever! For me!

^^^ this is awesome. sounds like you're ready for a lifestyle of badassery and great health. as for paleo stuff, i recommend checking out the Hunter's Lodge part of the forum - it has a TON of things about Paleo and is a great place to ask questions and get info. I also recommend checking out It Starts With Food, if you haven't yet. Really easy-to-understand guide about why Paleo works.

again, welcome, and the next 6 week challenge will be starting in about two weeks (there will be an announcement), so hope you decide to join in on that as well!

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

hey christian! welcome!

^^^ this is awesome. sounds like you're ready for a lifestyle of badassery and great health. as for paleo stuff, i recommend checking out the Hunter's Lodge part of the forum - it has a TON of things about Paleo and is a great place to ask questions and get info. I also recommend checking out It Starts With Food, if you haven't yet. Really easy-to-understand guide about why Paleo works.

again, welcome, and the next 6 week challenge will be starting in about two weeks (there will be an announcement), so hope you decide to join in on that as well!

Thanks for the info and stuff.

Ill give one of these 6 week things go and see what they're all about :)

Im already feeling better after just a week of eating real food and working out. I have some weights i could lift but they dont get much heavier than they are at the moment =/ I cant really afford to go to the gym or new weights so im just going to try and get rid of as much body fat as i can. Im hoping full body circuits will do the trick so long as i push myself as hard as i can.

Im considering taking a few pictures of myself now and then some in a month or 2 to keep an eye on progress :)

Welcome to the fight, Christian!

Im considering taking a few pictures of myself now and then some in a month or 2 to keep an eye on progress

Definitely do this! In fact take a couple of body measurements as well, tracking progress will keep you motivated! :)

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

Welcome to the fight, Christian!

Definitely do this! In fact take a couple of body measurements as well, tracking progress will keep you motivated! :)

second this. :)

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

At its simplest - eat less calories than you expend until you reach your goal weight. Once goal weight is attained, increase caloric intake to maintenance level and hold them there :)

What's your style? Do you track the food you eat (in terms of calories taken in)? Do you track the exercise you do (in terms of calories burned)? Do you track your weight (or better, body fat %) in any way (scale, calipers, pictures)? Do you like a specific dietary style (e.g., paleo, intermittent fasting, etc.)? Do you have any food intolerances/allergies/likes/dislikes?

Losing weight comes down to calories in < calories out. If you eat less than you expend, you will lose weight. If you are doing resistance training 3x week (full body), you will retain (or, if you've never trained before, gain a bit of) muscle.

Sounds like you're into paleo, and there are absolutely scads of folks 'round these parts who can give you lots of advice on recipes, portion sizes, etc. :) Good luck!!

What you do, and what you don't do, matters.

At its simplest - eat less calories than you expend until you reach your goal weight. Once goal weight is attained, increase caloric intake to maintenance level and hold them there :)

What's your style? Do you track the food you eat (in terms of calories taken in)? Do you track the exercise you do (in terms of calories burned)? Do you track your weight (or better, body fat %) in any way (scale, calipers, pictures)? Do you like a specific dietary style (e.g., paleo, intermittent fasting, etc.)? Do you have any food intolerances/allergies/likes/dislikes?

Losing weight comes down to calories in < calories out. If you eat less than you expend, you will lose weight. If you are doing resistance training 3x week (full body), you will retain (or, if you've never trained before, gain a bit of) muscle.

Sounds like you're into paleo, and there are absolutely scads of folks 'round these parts who can give you lots of advice on recipes, portion sizes, etc. :) Good luck!!

I dont have any diet restrictions and i only started tracking what iv been eating at the start of the week. For progress i have a few t shirts id like to get back into and i have a tape measure :)

I like the idea of paleo because it just seems to make sense! Eating what we were designed to eat just clicks with me. Iv been trying to stay at 1500 calories or just under and started the basic full body work out on monday too. The only thing i really have a problem with is y late night snacking habit. Ive managed to push it away this week and im going to try my hardest to keep it up. Iv been drinking loads of water when i get cravings for a late night feast and it fills my stomach up and i forget about food until breakfast.

Just quick update.

Im not sure how but eating properly and exercising 4 times a week at about 20 minutes a time has made me lose half a stone.

Iv been eating real foods and kept portions to what i need. Iv cut out sodas and chocolate bars etc. Iv been doing the beginner full body workout but iv been doing 4 circuits instead of 3 each time. My chest has built up a little bit and my stomach is shrinking! Il be posting 2 pictures on the 27th of august to show 1 months progress.

Archived