Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to rebel - against myself

Hey all you nerds! =D This is the best thing I could have discovered today! NF is the first forum that I actually want to be a part of!

I'm just in the beginning stages of my true desire for better health and fitness, so it will take a while to be less of a jellyfish. I can do maybe 5 good push-ups and 5 crappy ones in a set, jog/walk about a mile, and don't eat enough to get the energy I need. Perseverance I can do, but at the moment confidence...not so much. Recently I've started C25K, it's a love/hate relationship haha but I'm excited to get back to it! (I have a cold right now, who does that in July??) So here are my goals - complete a 5K (I plan on running from zombies to prepare), EAT something (I'm not too worried about achieving quality since I don't care for most junk food anyway), and build a habit of body weight training. I loved gymnastics as a kid and miss it terribly, but since there are no teachers in the area I am getting into pole fitness as soon as I have money for classes.

Ta-da! I'm excited to meet my new nerdy family and overcome that blasted voice in my head telling me "I can't"!! Watch me.

Level 1 Sprite Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SRT: 1 | DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

"Life isn't about enduring the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Ta-da! I'm excited to meet my new nerdy family and overcome that blasted voice in my head telling me "I can't"!! Watch me.

Hear, hear regarding that voice! Welcome :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

Welcome to the community SunDialLady :) I also have trouble with that pesky voice, but I've found an awesome

that might help you get in the right state of mind in the mornings :)

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

:emmersed:Hello to all of you! I am just beginning the challenge of remodeling my life and I'm very excited about it, too. Feeling better already after two and a half weeks of better eating and two months of cardio-based exercise and weight training. Can't believe I found this great support system, too! Fantastic!

Welcome. You sound so much like me maybe four years ago, I just had to reply. I was always sick. I had every flu and cold available and probably even invented some that weren't in the circulation. I constantly had stomach pains and digestion issues, preventing me from exercise. I did some walking, with long breaks due to being sick all the time. Well, I was overall miserable. Then, suddenly two years ago, my partner got some severe back pains and went to a chiropractor and this doc is also a nutritionist and vitamin expert. He suggested taking vitamin D level tests. I went there for the fun of it. And boy, was I in for a big surprise: my levels were really low. Even after a warm summer outdoors, they were less than half of what is recommended for bone health. Off I was to a nutritionist for advise. I was given a list of supplements. Now, I have to confess I haven't taken all of them, but I have been doing my vitamin D, Calcium and Magnesium faithfully. And it has made a huge difference! I no longer get sick constantly and feel very different. I have been able to train more constantly and recently completed a half marathon (mostly jogging, but I did walk on water stations because I can't drink from a cup when I run, and one downhill, because I have knee issues). I am training for a 10k in the beginning of September, aiming for a PR of under an hour.

I hope you are inspired by my story, and decide to see a nutritionist. I am sure you will be able to outrun a lot of people in the zombie apocalypse and therefore survive. Time to quiet the voice inside your head until it can say "you can!" because you are stronger than the voice gives credit for.

Welcome SunDialLady! I just completed my C25K program yesterday! You are going to feel like a ROCKSTAR by the end of it, so keep going!

One of my running goals is to run from zombies, too! http://runforyourlives.com/

Human Companion - Adventurer - Lvl 2
| STR 1 | DEX 5 | STA 7 | CON 5 | WIS 6 | CHA 7 |
If you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.

*~* Challenge #2 *~*

Thank you coonskee!

d00slip - You're right, that video rocks!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Slogan264, I LOVE that feeling!! It's amazing how much change can come from eating differently for even a small amount of time! Glad you joined NF too!

LaraBear, thanks for that! I hear ya on the stomach pains, I have Crohn's disease. Way to go, training for a 10K!! I'll get to that point eventually!

Litt1eH, wow congratulations!!! And thanks for the motivation! I've heard of the zombie runs before, such a crazy fun idea! Hehe I'm starting a little smaller -https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

Level 1 Sprite Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SRT: 1 | DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

"Life isn't about enduring the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Archived