Forums are back in action! ×

New paleo NF ranger here!

Mike, 32, 5'8", 235 lbs., Mechanical Engineer, motorcycle enthusiast. ... I'm a stalky bastard. I mean i went as Gimli to a halloween party and i think only a few people thought i was in costume!!! haha

honestly tho, played sports all growing up, wrestled through high school, entered college lifting hard and running hard. Around 20-22 years old i went from 215 down to 187 and was benching 375 ish and squating a lot and yadda yadda.... then starting eating big and running less... strength went up from there...i remember military pressing 285 at one point...well that was 2001....

fast forward to now and i've stayed relatively active, it comes in waves, "life" always gets in the way.... my weight has gone up and down.. .was at 225 for a few years and now seem to have slightly plateaued at 235. not so awesome. i've tried P90x got bored with it. (no weights) and 6 days a week was annoying at the time. i've run and run and run... i've gone to the gym for months on end... basically i've tried it all and not really stuck to anything. admittledly my diet was always weak. ....

NOW a bunch of my friends have been doing kettlebell for the last year or so, and they now run the tough mudder, spartan beast, and the like. I'm completely impressed and inspired. i've been doing kettlebell for the last month and feel fantastic. I focused on my running form and feal much less pain. and in the last two weeks i've really pushed this paleo diet... i mean its kinda fun. Every meal i say "would a cave man eat that?" and i break it down.

So here I am, joining this forum. I'll be checking in for support. i got a little discouraged today when i got on the scale... after a month i haven't really lost any weight... but i have relocated it! haha i feel better and i know im starting to look better. I"m just waiting to drop a few inches.

measured myself before todays work out... wrist 7.75, waist 45, neck 18, ... look like im coming in at about 30 percent body fat...yuck

anyhow, love all the success stories and i'm hoping to make one of my own.

thanks,

Mike

tips, tricks, hints, and help always appreciated.

Welcome Mike, sounds like you are well off already :) I would love to do one of those tough mudders or spartan races, but unfortunately we don't have those done here in SA :/ Anyway, if you came here for support you'll get plenty of that :D Keep up the motivation buddy,

a lil' video I found that might help with that.

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

Archived