Forums are back in action! ×

One step closer to lightning speed

Ammo

A while back I decided that I hated running passionately. I was slower than cold molasses and it hurt like hell no matter what I did. After running my second half-marathon this spring, I decided I was just going to stop running at all and find something better to do.

That didn't really work out.

My mind dislikes being told that it cannot do something. Tell me I can't do it, and it will be done.

So I gave up distance training and started sprinting a few times a week. Either outside, or on the treadmill. Then I decided I was going to run a mile in under 10 minutes - which at the time seemed completely unattainable. Even though I was pretty sure it was never going to happen, I planned my first step - running 1/2 a mile in under 5 minutes.

Today I did that for the first time! Three times in a row! 4:53, 4:51 and 4:30. YEEEESSSSSS!

One step closer to that 10 minute mile. Awesomesauce.

Next step: 3/4 in 7:30.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I also did this in a somewhat fasted state - about 9 or 10 hours since I'd last eaten anything. So I am extra happy to know that my body is adjusting to it's lack of carbs. Used to be a pre-food workout was next to impossible!

Congrats, Ammo!

I know how you feel. I couldn't run a mile in under 11 minutes before I started a Couch-to-5k routine. Now, I'm somewhere in the low 8's. Feels good, the improvement, you gotta admit that!

Well, keep up the great work!

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."

-Jean-Paul Sartre

G to the Z Ammo!! That's brilliant! I like how you broke it down into smaller sections.

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

Archived