Forums are back in action! ×

Ehrm....Well....Hello I guess

So I have been reading NF for a while, and decided I might as well follow the forums as well - joining in on the challenges to level up a bit every day. Game nerding hasn't really been my thing, but I figure that - well - nerds also come in all shapes and sizes.

Speaking of sizes, I am one of those big ones. 199 cm and 121 kgs at the moment (6'6" / 267 lbs for some of you), this is actually me on the slimmer end of what I have been for the last years. Turns out that bad and heavy eating and little exercise is bad for you - who knew? :eek-new: I have never been particularly good at nutrition, but my biggest achilles heal is definitely coca-cola. Not soda in general, just that particular one. That said, I tend to go for the easy solutions for food as well - pizza instead of salads, so to speak...

So last year, having seen some holiday pictures, I decided that something had to be done. So I started running. Quite a bit. Trying to outrun my fork, I guess. I dropped about 17 kgs / 38 lbs and three months later I ran a half marathon in 1:52 (hung over after last night's wedding and after party...). BIG win! To celebrate, I stopped caring about working out and eating right again, and put on weight again in time for winter... Well done, sir, well done... :neglected:

This year, I am working on upping my game a bit more. I have signed up for a full marathon (end of september). Trying at least to finish, but hopefully in less than 4 hours. And then - the big one - not destroying the good work after that's done. Right now I am thinking that after that race, I'll add some weight training into the mix. For now, running 5-6 times a week is sufficient.

So, eating (and drinking) right and strength training. Getting these two right as well, I think I should be on my newfound Ranger way.

[TABLE=width: 500]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Norseman Ranger

Starting: 29 years | 119 kgs | 199 cm

[TABLE=width: 100%]

Strength: 2

Dexterity: 2

Stamina: 3

Consitution: 3

Wisdom: 2

Charisma: 3

[/TABLE]

Challenges: 1

"Do one thing every day that scares you" - Eleanor Roosevelt

[/TABLE]

Hello Emers!

Glad to have you on the forums. A new challenge should be starting at the beginning of August, so I hope to see you compete!

Academic Apocalypse

Covert Bear Moreau Monk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 4 | DEX 6 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 3

You can't control which people come into your life, but you can control which window you throw them out of.

No worries, I plan on competeing both in the August challenge, and hopefully later challenges.

[TABLE=width: 500]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Norseman Ranger

Starting: 29 years | 119 kgs | 199 cm

[TABLE=width: 100%]

Strength: 2

Dexterity: 2

Stamina: 3

Consitution: 3

Wisdom: 2

Charisma: 3

[/TABLE]