Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from the big apple

Whats going on my name is Lance from NY full time boyfriend, part time sarcastic genius, and former resident fatboy.

Standing tall at 6'3" I have prety much been overweight pretty much all my life. After acquiring a desk job in 2008 and pretty much stuffing my face with baconaters everyday i was at a whopping 230lbs late 2009 when i decided to lose weight and take control.

dieting wrong accompanied with doing everything wrong when it came to a workout routine, mostly machines, through 2010-2011 my weight fluctuated i topped out at 242lbs ( wendys-1 Lance-0) i looked into fasting and completed successfull 30 day juice fast. along with losing 30lbs i lost mostly muscle and gained back 20 which brought me back to the drawing board.

7 weeks ago 2.5 years later after my epiphany i was still not satisfied and started reading about the correct way to live a better/healthier lifestyle which includes very limited fast food ( a guy loves his taco bell but will soon part ways) and taking up boxing along with a structured workout routine i am currently at 209 as of this morning and down 5% BF ( i hope that darn scale is correct). my short term goal is 200lbs and overall 190 (dont think ive been that small since middle school)

so thats my story, my interest in a healthy lifestyle and diet has brought me here. thanks for reading this site rocks along with the members of this board!

hey Lancer :D I'm moving back to NYC in the fall; woohoo for more NFers from the area! welcome to the site and good luck with your goals!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

Welcome to the forums, Lance :) GZ on the work so far! You might want to have a look at the paleo diet (if you haven't already :P), here is a little introduction. It sounds like you have a good fitness routine and boxing is an AMAZING workout. Might I suggest tracking more than just your weight and body fat? Here are two excellent articles from Steve that you might want to have a look at: 3 Reasons to NOT step on a scale today and How to properly track your progress.

Anyway, have a look around, there's plenty of info around here to go with your new healthy lifestyle :)

P.S - The new 6 week challenge is coming soon, you might want to join in on that too.

Human Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

6 Week Challenge

"I'm not gonna build a wall, I'm gonna lay this brick as perfectly as it can be laid - you do that every day and soon you have a wall." -Will Smith

Archived