Forums are back in action! ×

I'll join this too!

Hello everyone!

I absolutely love the rpg concept here, you've got me motivated to start a challenge as soon as I can.

Where I'm at: sort of thin and out of shape, aiming for any mass and in shape. Occasionally I do something for that, minimally, short bodyweight workout or jogging, only 3km/15 minutes at a time. It's not nearly enough and never improving because I leave out planning, setting goals, or committing myself (by buying equipment, or a scale, or a gym membership, or talking to people about it). I'm here to solve that.

I do running/jogging, I'm going to do rowing or canoeing in six weeks, when I start university and can join clubs for both.

And a question: what class does rowing put me in? Also scout, or settle on ranger? (I take hours thinking about class every time I start a video game too, that's the fun part).

Level 1 Elf Scout

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

North as in TV North? (If you have no idea what I"m talking about, you're not him :P; if you do, I'm Asandra ^-^)

Welcome!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

D'aww, my bad. *awkward* There was an influx of members from another site here, and someone there goes by the name North, hence the mid-ID >.>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

Welcome!

I too am having a hard time deciding which class/guild to be in. If you'd rather be a Scout, just go for it! It's all about what makes you tick, I think. And you have now conquered one of the committing yourself slips you've made in the past, because you've committed here :)

The great thing about NF is that you don't have to choose a class immediately! If you want to get some mass, you don't have to get a gym membership. There are plenty of ways to gain muscle without lifting weights, though you will have to lift SOMETHING. I recommend creating your own "mobile gym", http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/19/sandbag-workout/. Also, this link will provide some tips on how to eat when trying to put on muscle as well! http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/06/25/super-hero-muscle/

Welcome to the Rebellion!

[TABLE=width: 315]

[TABLE=width: 2]

STR:5

STA:7

AGI:6

[/TABLE]

FORTUNE

[TD=align: center]LEVEL II

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FAVORS

[/TD]

[TABLE=width: 2]

WIS:4

CON:5

CHA:3

[/TABLE]

THE BRAVE

[/TABLE]

Welcome, North! I second what the Barefoot Ninja said. And you don't need to buy a scale either. Scales lie....you can get amazing body change without gaining or losing a pound (see this here and here). What does help is a flexible tape measure and/or a camera. Those will give you a more accurate picture of how your body is changing.

Steve has lots of great workouts in his blog here if you're looking to try something new.

Good luck! :)

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Archived