Forums are back in action! ×

New recruit reporting for duty

Hello!

I'm a 30 year old married guy from Muskegon, Michigan. Over the past year I've knocked off 30+ pounds of extra baggage. I'm looking forward to keeping it off and feel this could be a place to help me with that.

Some of the activities I've done to drop the weight has been running (ran my first 25K this summer), walking, hiking, backpacking, pushups, and pullups. I'm planning to add more outdoor activities and would love to hear ideas.

This is all to combat the non-active career of the IT worker. Blech! Yes, I sit in front of the computer all day making sure the business is up and running. Then, I go home and write for my leadership blog.

Hoping to make this one of my frequent and happy stops and make some great connections.

Jeez, a 25K! I run 6.5 (with some rest stops! ><)and I'm done. Colour me impressed.

And welcome! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

Thanks guys. I worked up to it after a year or so. Of course after the 25K I haven't done anything more than 5 miles or so. Need to get that motivation back!

That's what I struggle with too, keeping going after the Big Goal gets accomplished! You've come to the right place though, and you've got some serious experience there to work with. 25k is definitely nothing to scoff at -- hell, 5 miles isn't anything to scoff at either! Welcome!

Archived