Forums are back in action! ×

New Rercuit Here!

Hi ya'll! I thought I'd finally join in. :) I've been browsing this website for about a month now and I've just recently turned eighteen so I thought I'd give this community a try. My name is Dara and I've been on a journey toward weightloss and health for a little over two years now. I'm 5'2, 120 somethin' pounds and I've lost 70 pounds from where I started.

This year has been a struggle for me lately. I haven't been as active as I would like and I began to eat junk food again. I've recently gotten a job that's taken up the time I usually spend exercising and It's become difficult for me to motivate myself to carve out time. I'm going to try to get myself up to start running in the mornings and I'm hoping ya'll will keep me accountable. I'd also like to try a few new things as I progress.

So what so I do now? I'd love to get to know you guys and I'd also like to know what I'm supposed to do as a newbe. Thanks. :redface:

Hey hey! Welcome to the Rebellion, Dara! Here we can help you with anything you need from advice to motivation via a Zombie chasing you, just don't hesitate to ask! I recommend finding out EXACTLY what your goals should be and your plans for achieving them, if they're general 'weight-loss/get fit' goals, then I suggest the Adventurers guild would be a good start, but if you want to mainly lift or mainly run, then there's a specified guild for each. Happy Belated Birthday! And I hope to see you around!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Thanks. :) I think I'll try out the scout forum. I'm wanting to lose about ten or fifteen pounds, but I don't want that to be mainly my goal. I'd like to run faster and maybe try out the paleo diet for a spell. Hope to see you around also!

Archived