Forums are back in action! ×

Oh no, my cat's a druggie!!!!

Today I bought a ball of catnip. When I got home I let one of my cat's sniff it. Shortly after doing so he tried to bite it, rub his face on it, lick it, and generally get as much of it as possible. It was pretty funny, because he's an older cat (13 years) and he generally doesn't do much except walk around, eat, sleep, etc.

Nerd? We prefer the term INTELLECTUAL BADASS!!!

hahaha i bought mine a can of catnip "sardines" for Christmas. He's also around 13 (rescue cat, when i got him they said "eh, he's about 10) so doesn't play too much.

Gave them to him, and he went absolutely insane. Jumping off of walls, running into things, talking up a storm (he's a maine coon, so he already talks... he just got more chatty)

Then the snow started, and I got snowed in.

After an entire bookshelf got knocked over, I finally took them away from him, and he spent the rest of the time we were snowed in looking for them and pawing at me crying asking for them.

worst. idea. ever. :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Dang, Maine coons are big cats, that must have been crazy. My cat is a tabby and he weighs 20 pounds, but he's not all that fat, he's just huge. He dwarfs my "normal" sized 10 pound cat. My bigger cat used to jump up on top of some 7 foot high bookcases we had and sleep up there. Now he's old and probably has some arthritis and a weak back looking at the way he moves. But he still climbs two flights of stairs to get to my bed, lol.

Nerd? We prefer the term INTELLECTUAL BADASS!!!

I have to keep my catnip in my freezer, or my cat will either get it or wait by wherever I put it howling until I get it for him. He knows its in my freezer though, so every now and then he'll stand in my kitchen staring at it and whining until I respond.

haha thats not a bad idea! though, im afraid if he saw me put them in the freezer he'd figure out a way to open it...

Dang, Maine coons are big cats, that must have been crazy. My cat is a tabby and he weighs 20 pounds, but he's not all that fat, he's just huge. He dwarfs my "normal" sized 10 pound cat. My bigger cat used to jump up on top of some 7 foot high bookcases we had and sleep up there. Now he's old and probably has some arthritis and a weak back looking at the way he moves. But he still climbs two flights of stairs to get to my bed, lol.

haha you saw my christmas card, he's HUGE. He was about 25 lbs when I adopted him - I know he's lost a bunch now though, because I put him on a diet (he was super overweight), and he doesnt have a pouch of fat hanging off of his belly anymore :)

and im pretty sure any cat will find a way to climb up two flights of stairs if a bed is the reward. :D

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”