Forums are back in action! ×

Ok... I can do this...

Okay, hi. I'm Brittany I'm 26 years old I've never been a fitness/nutrition nut, I used to dance as a kid in MS/HS my freshman year of college I gained 40+ pounds went from 135 to 212 in eight years and I want it gone. In the last year I got a desk job answer phones for a mail-order pharmacy and my health has tanked. I want to get myself motivated and loose the extra weight but knowing where to start is hard. Literally I googled getting started getting fit and this came up and it honestly makes me excited. I like that you (steve) don't appear to be overtly over-the-top optimistic and you're shooting straight. And it's awesome to see a web community where I don't feel like a nerd among jocks. Okay I'm gushing, back to why I'm here. I want to learn about what I'm putting into my body (I have never had the WHY of getting fat explained better!) and why I feel like crap all the time. I want to learn about ways to get fit without feeling like I have to scream like a warrior running into battle every time I start (20 mins interval running.. I can try that) and I want someone to tell me I'm being a lazy bum when I don't exercise, cause I am. I'm married and my husband's a little bit of a jock when it comes to weight lifting. (he's obsessed! like it's the ONLY way to work out!) I don't like doing it (yes I gave it a fair chance) and I want to figure out other ways to exercise and still loose weight/tone.

Welcome, BalletBabe!

There are lots of ways of exercising (dancing is def. one of them!), just figure out what you like and stick to it. Steve has a lot of information on his blog, lemme see if I can pull up a few links for you to get you started, since you're looking for info:

I want to learn about what I'm putting into my body (I have never had the WHY of getting fat explained better!) and why I feel like crap all the time

This link is about the Paleo diet that people talk about a lot on the forum, but it has a video and several links within the article that will give you more understanding about nutrition and the human body. The diet soda blog post also has interesting links that you might want to check out.

I want to learn about ways to get fit without feeling like I have to scream like a warrior running into battle every time I start (20 mins interval running.. I can try that)...and I want to figure out other ways to exercise and still loose weight/tone.

Here's a quick link to Steve's workouts page if you want to try something new.

I want someone to tell me I'm being a lazy bum when I don't exercise, cause I am.

Well...I'm not going to say that, but you can give yourself an 8-bit kick in the ass anytime ;)

Good luck!

Current inspiration for my journey: Prov. 14:23

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Archived