Forums are back in action! ×

Just though I'd say hello

Long time lurker, never posted so I figured i'd make a topic and say hi.:emmersed:

Little bit about my self, I used to do a ton of running (and being infamous for running barefoot!), now I added strenght training to that and see if I can built some strenght to augment my endurance. Also a long time follower of the paleo dieet.

So see you on the forums guys :victorious:

Daan

Hey Dan, nice to meet you! I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about your experience with the paleo diet. Does it get expensive? How were your results? Any side-effects? I've been thinking about the diet, and whether or not I should start it myself. I'm going into college this fall, so I don't know if it's feasible yet, but we shall see.

It's awesome that you run. I've never ran barefoot before, I have chunky asics running shoes, and I was wondering where you'd be able to run barefoot.

Well, good luck, Dan. Sorry for all the questions!

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."

-Jean-Paul Sartre

I've been doing paleo for about a year now i recon. Probably 80-90%, (some booze in the weekend). And well so far I'm pretty happy with the results, I increased muscle and lost some fat. Also I noticed much better digestion (no details please :)) and some of my pre-paleo stomach issues seem to have gone away.

Overall, I don't think it has to be that expensive, if you keep it simple (meat, veggies, fruits, some nuts) you don't necessarily spend more money doing paleo. Eggs are pretty cheap and make for an easy breakfast, whole chickens go here for 2-3 euro's and those last a while.

Obviously if you go nuts and buy only grass fed organic meat it CAN get very expensive, but this to my experience is not necessary for succes.

If you're in doubt, give it a shot and see how you feel and wether it's worth it for you.

I will post some more on barefoot running experiences tomorrow!

Thanks for the interest guys,

Daan

Archived