Forums are back in action! ×

Camp NaNoWriMo August Session Cabin Mates Needed 29 July

Oogiem

If any Nerd Fitness folks are also doinng Camp NaNoWriMo this August, I'd love to be in your cabin. I'm OogieM over there as well so send me a message and I'll request being in your cabin. Cabins will be assigned in the next 20 hours or so so let me know soon.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

Oh why not... I'm Raksab over there, wasn't really serious about doing Camp NaNo but I might as well add it to my to-do list.

p.s. I just requested y'all, so you probably don't need to worry about it.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Hmm, seems they put most of us together but tossed in a few strangers just to mess with us. Should be interesting. We can always keep up with each other on this board here at NF, of course.

This is going to be interesting. I am going to have to figure out a hourly schedule. I really want to actually finish the 50,000 words, but at the same time I don't want my fitness minutes to decrease or to slack on the cooking. So how, is everyone else going to fit this in? I could totally use some tips.

tonic

Shapeshifting Rebel

It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

tonic's taking it back

You can join in at anytime, not sure how the Cabin assignments go though, this is my first Camp NaNo.

I'm going to work on my novel in the mornings when I would normally be here and on other forums.

I tend to do bursty writing, I'll skip a few days them pump out 4000 words in one go.

I am also setting up my mac laptop with Scrivener and will be taking it to the brewery to write (in the grand tradition started by Paolo Bacigalupi and Craig Childs) instead of knitting. Although that won't start until the Ravellenic Games are over, I have a knitting project in them as well.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

I'm interested to find out how you like Scrivener...I'm very tempted now that it's available for PC, but I'm afraid I'd spend too much time arranging things on my cork board and not enough time actually writing. Maybe I'll make a present of it to myself if I finish my 50,000 this month.

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

It looks like the first cabin of us NerdFits is full, but those who didn't get in can request each other maybe? You can also quit your cabin and submit a fresh request, I think.

Actually, the whole cabin thing does not look like a really big deal. There doesn't appear to be a forum or anything for cabin-mates. I see a little twitterboard in the "My Cabin" area, and that's about it. I am going to make a resolution right now to NOT check that page obsessively, because my time is limited and I have a big list of things to do in August already.

I suggest if we are going to novel next month (perhaps as part of the upcoming 6-week challenge?) we keep discussions here instead. But that's just a suggestion, of course. We should be nice and reach out to the non-NFers in our cabins too, perhaps.

There was some website with a novel contest closing in September, and they offered a cash prize ... I was thinking of writing the novel in August and submitting it for that contest. I'll put up a link if I can remember where the site was.

Next problem is deciding what to write about... I need to go for a nice long walk and audition some plots and characters. Say, would any of you like to be in my novel? Or perhaps loan me your superhero alter-egos? I can't make any promises, but I'll try and move them to the front of the casting list ;)

Not much done on NaNo at all but I did get 3 sheep flocks back registrations caught up :-)

Set to take the laptop and write next time I go to the brewery

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

Archived