Forums are back in action! ×

Starting the Rebel Guide -> Basic Workout

DO2

Hi,

I've been reading NF for quite sometime and after losing some weigth on Paleo I decided to start the Rebel Guide. After reading it, and I made the following decisions:

My body type is the skinny one with a gut, so as recommended by Steve I'll follow the eat healthy + bulk diet (plus half GOMAD, I can't afford full GOMAD), trying to reach the range of 3500-4000 calories every day.

For the first month I will do the Basic Workout (the 28 days program).

So, being 21 years old, 61.5kg and 173cm, according to Steve I should have around 73kg. So this IS my final objective. Reach 73kg of muscle with low body fat. After completing the Basic Workout program I will follow with the Operation: Bulk Up program and finally doing the Slim Down once I reach the desired weight.

My first question for the Basic Workout is, with this diet and Basic workout for 28 days, what is the weight gain (and muscle gain) I should be looking for? What are some good clues to look for to determine if I am getting the best results possible?

Cheers =)

Hey DO2,

In terms of aesthetic, you'll want to look for a gradual decline in gut, (difficult to notice without before and after photos...perhaps take one before starting?), and a general increase in muscle mass, the easiest to notice are the biceps.

BUT, I wouldn't focus your attention of the appearance gain from your workouts and diet as a measurement of progression. You'd be better off taking a regular note of how many reps/sets and/or how easy each exercise is.

This would give you a quantifiable, easily distinguishable indication of your improvement :D

Good luck with your workouts :)

'Along this path of life we're bound upon, the right road is wholly lost and gone.''

Dante's Inferno

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bothan Assassin

English Literature with Film Student

Guild Wallpapers

Thanks for the reply Sam. Yeah, I'm definitely gonna keep track of my progress workout wise and I'm going to take a couple of photos each week ;)

However, I do hope to get some decent results after the 28 days, since that would be a huge motivation to continue to Operation: Bulk Up

Also, is it preferable to workout during a particular hour of the day? Or is it okay to sometimes workout before lunch and other times before dinner?

Cheers

Agreed, that would be great motivation :)

Well it is all down to personal preference, that days diet and your energy levels at a specific time. Eg, i never ever feel like working out within an hour or two after a meal, nor do i think its reccomended. I enjoy working out in a morning as it energises me for the rest of the day, but that isnt always practical and for some, they prefer to roll onto bed straight after a workout, so the evening is more suited for them. Workout when you feel most comfortable and pumped is all i can suggest.

Try to keep a regular time, that would make for more consistent results in your workouts, and also give your body a regular amount of recovery time.

'Along this path of life we're bound upon, the right road is wholly lost and gone.''

Dante's Inferno

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bothan Assassin

English Literature with Film Student

Guild Wallpapers

Archived