Forums are back in action! ×

34 yr project completed!

Oogiem

Yesterday I had the pleasure of checking off as DONE a project that got started back in 1978!

Granted, there were lots of other projects it got split into but the original work started then. The project is a way to reclaim our tailwater and re-use it on our farm. It was originally started by my mother with NRCS assistance. She built a pond, installed a 6 inch return flow pipe, got a big electric pump, new separator boxes, new gated pipe etc.

Over the years the gated pipe needed repairs which were not done, the return pipe was done to current standards at the time but it became a bit squashed and so on. We started redoing the entire irrigation system from the top down in 2000 starting with replacing our diverter boxes, new separator boxes, new gated pipe, repair tail water recovery pipe, dug out the pond, lined another pond and the last portion, install a new now 2 inch diameter water return pipe and get a smaller gas pump. Yesterday we pumped water from the big pond back to the top of the orchard for the first time! We can run 4 sprinklers on the lower sections of the pastures from this pipe as well.

Important for us this drought year, we may be able to keep the grass going in more places now!

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

Holy moly guacamole. This is HUGE!!

Congrats on completing a massive amount of work. It must be just insanely satisfying to watch those sprinklers do their thing!

"Enthusiasm is the great hill-climber." - Elbert Hubbard
Human Adventurer

I want to be fit and healthy so I can explore and enjoy all the beauty the outdoor world has to offer, in all kinds of weather, all the days of my life.

2024 Battle Log2023 Battle Log2022 Battle Log2021 Battle Log2020 Battle Log2019 Battle Log2018 Battle Log2017 Battle Log2016 Battle Log

Archived