Forums are back in action! ×

I've been reading the Nerd Fitness articles for a few weeks now. Figured it was time to stick my head out above ground.

A little about me... I've never been in shape. Ever. As a kid I was short and underweight. As a teenager I grew to the moderate 5' 7" I am today, but I was still soft. In my 20s and 30s I was seriously overweight, topping out at 215 in October 2011. I was 35 years old, a husband and a father of two boys, and I was miserable. Sometime in May 2012 I decided to take charge of my health. I dropped the SAD like a bad habit and switched to a paleo-based diet plan. I started walking two miles a day with some sprinting thrown in. I started doing both bodyweight and free weights strength exercises. Now I'm down to 193. I've lost 4 inches off my waist, 2 inches off my chest, and my t-shirt size has gone from XL to L.

I'm very happy with my progress, but I know I have a long way to go. The people on these forums look like a truly remarkable group and I can't wait to hear their input and suggestions.

Hey XSanguinus!!

Congrats on the progress so far :) sounds good. Its nice to hear that the work is showing results.

Have you considered a guild? This would help you refine your training into something more tailored to your goals :)

'Along this path of life we're bound upon, the right road is wholly lost and gone.''

Dante's Inferno

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bothan Assassin

English Literature with Film Student

Guild Wallpapers

Archived