Forums are back in action! ×

Brand new to NF

I saw a pin on pinterest based on a previous 6 week challenge and it got me very interested in Nerd Fitness. I've read several of Steve's posts and finally decided to take the plunge and join in. So, I bought the Rebel Strength Guide, and decided to start with the Basic Training. Finished workout #1 today.

Most of my life I have struggled with my weight. I have mostly been interested in fitness and enjoy being active. However, over the last couple of years, I have fallen off the wagon and gained weight and gotten very out of shape. It is now time for all of that to change. My first, and most immediate, fitness goal is to show some progress on the Basic Training workout, and finally start doing real push-ups again. My long-term fitness goal is do a pull-up

I'm not much into video games. I grew up playing with my older brother's Atari that only had one controller that worked and one that almost worked if you held your head just right. After that, I never had any type of video game console until a few years ago when I bought a Wii. I did play Warcraft for a few months, but eventually got bored with it. All that said, I have always loved to read, and have recently come to enjoy science fiction books more and more. Also, I've had some friends introduce me to Zombie Fluxx and Munchkin and have really enjoyed both of those. I'm sure there are plenty of other ways I am nerdy. If you want to know, just ask!

I'm in the middle of moving, after staring a new job at the beginning of July and being in transit since. So, my first life goal is to finally finish this move, get unpacked, and settled. Looking further into the future, I want to learn more about DIY home improvement, with the goal of deciding whether I can (and want to) handle redoing the floors and remodeling my kitchen myself, do as much of it myself as I feasibly can, and contract out for the rest.

I'm really looking forward to participating in this awesome group!

Archived