Forums are back in action! ×

Inspector Spacetime stepping out of the Phone Booth

Hello everyone!

Allow me to introduce myself to this amazing community. My name is Alan, 23, currently studying a PhD in Chemical Engineering (and definitely getting one in patience because of it) in the amazing and most beautiful town of Boulder, CO. Originally from Mexico (born and raised in Durango), and, I'm a nerd!

(This is where everybody says "Hi, Alan!")

All joking aside, I'm glad I'm finally deciding to kick shyness in the groin and join this forum. I've been lurking for a while, and I realized I needed help from a community such as this, since I've been pretty inconsistent regarding my fitness goals.*

I've always been on the skinny side of the scale. That is not the "you look amazing" side, but the "Alan I'm testing you for anemia again" side. When a sophimore in college I managed to weight 55 kilos (around 110 lbs), something considered dsangerous for someone with a frame of 5'11" like me. Right now I weight 140 lbs, after finally sticking with the Primal Diet (a slightly more forgiving version of the Paleo Diet) for a little over a year, and doing random training like Convict Conditioning, Parkour and Walking. Oh boy, I can walk!

My goal, numerically speaking, is pretty simple: 155lbs. Since it is part of my plan to get there eating clean I am not worried if I gain too much or too little fat, I want to believe that I will gain the right amount according to my needs. A couple of weeks ago I was training parkour, but after doing kip up pull ups in my door frame pull up bar and breaking the frame in a rather spectacular fashion I've been condemned to Physical Therapy since my back hurts. A set of X Rays confirmed no major injury or fracture, but I still hurt when I sit for too long or when I try to do heavy lifting, or when I try to do too many push ups.*

Now, my fantasy goal is to be able to do something like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4782[/ATTACH]

Yes, flexibility and bodyweight strength are within my goals. And his body proportions are just amazing. So yeah, something like that in the long term.*

Going back to the 155 lbs, I was shooting for before my next birthday (november) but since I got injured, I scaled back and now I'm shooting to be that weight before next spring break. You know, for the beach and stuff.*

When I start to feel better I'll restart with some shovelgloving and some stretching, and slowly pick up Convict Conditioning again. Though not phisically disabling my pain, Inwant to make sure I don't screw up and end up going more backwards.*

So that's me. I hope I can make some friends here and that I can help someone with their goals, the same way I hope someone can keep nagging me about my goals.*

So, salut and bon voyage!

By the way, the name of this thread? That's my frat nickname. I got it because I ow too much Doctor Who according to them, while I say I only know New Doctor Who and therefore I'm a n00b. I wanted to be called The Doctor, but apparently that would have been too obvious. Yes, I'm in a frat. An engineering one, though, so It's not like we're jocks or anything. Except for the nerd hockey player. Yes, he's real. I was also a bit flummoxed when I met him. =)

post-8688-13567244527521_thumb.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result is insanity. Or practice.

Infinity Knight Assassin

Because not only the World but the Entire Universe is my playground

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

I Cook! Kinda...

Archived