Forums are back in action! ×

Building Muscle and Losing Fat.

Honestly, I'm only at the very beginning at what will most likely be one of the most pivotal journeys of my life. A brief summary is that all I've done for the past ten years is gain weight. Naturally, some of that is completely normal since I'm eighteen, but as of the last few years, I've just been packing it on. And I'm ready to do what I have to do to change.

And I don't care that I'm female. I love lifting weights. My senior year, I took an athletic weights class, and I loved it. I loved the coach. My first max outs were as follow:

Bench: 90 lbs.

Power Cleans: 85 lbs.

Squat: 165 lbs (Which is where my weight is centered, and I was happy to be able to bench my own weight).

Personally, I was very happy with where I started. I had a great group.

At the end of the year (Switched groups halfway through) I was at:

Bench: 105 lbs.

Power Cleans: 85 lbs. (My partner would not do cleans, and she did them wrong, and it totally threw me off. I was very upset I didn't make any progress).

Squat: 205 lbs. And I got on the record board. I was very happy about that.

In any case, I love lifting weight. I love being sore. Unfortunately, since school let out, I have not worked out at all. Nor do I have the machines or weights to do so, and it's been eating away at me this whole time, but I just kept ignoring it.

And I want to fix my diet. All my family eat is junk and empty calories, and now that I'm about to go to college, I really want to clean up my act.

And that's my story. I look forward to getting to know others, starting my journey, and getting to the point that I can help others. :)

Scout

Level 1

STR: 4

DEX: 1

STA: 2

CON: 3

WIS: 3

CHA: 2

Honestly, I'm only at the very beginning at what will most likely be one of the most pivotal journeys of my life.

Awesome. Just awesome :) Welcome to NF!! Keep us posted on your goals and progress!! You're just in time for the next 6 week challenge, too :)

What you do, and what you don't do, matters.

Whooo! Always glad to have another barbell lover on the boards. :D

So if you don't have access to equipment, what do you have access to? Can you sign up for a gym membership?

While I heart barbells, there are still plenty of things you can do outside of the gym that'll keep you on track until you get access.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Well, the good news is, once you're at school, assuming you have a half-way decent dining hall, you'll be able to have more control over your diet, and you'll have access to your college gym and whatever equipment that they have.

Until then, do the best you can with eating and body weight circuits can be your friend.

Honestly, I don't have access to much. I have a punching bag which has just sat on my porch for several years now. Aside from that, I have my mom's 5 lbs. weights, and I have myself. I don't even think we have a jump rope anymore...

Scout

Level 1

STR: 4

DEX: 1

STA: 2

CON: 3

WIS: 3

CHA: 2

So bodyweight stuff yeah?

1) Pushups, pullups are always good to do.

2) Shoulder clean the punching bag? Or punching bag carries would be good too, if you don't want to just punch it

3) You could work on pistol squats.

4) There is a lot more stuff with body weight in the Assassin's Den sub forum.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Archived