Forums are back in action! ×

Quark, a good thing!

Germaine

Hi there

first post here and I just want to share these thoughts with everyone who is into paleo.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the food lowfat quark or lowfat curd. It's a dairy product. Now I see many paleo folks grabbing their torches. Please put them down for a second.

In 100g of quark you'll find about 13g of Protein, almost no fat and almost no carbs. It has lots of calcium and other fancy healthy stuff you'd just have to google for yourself.

I'm eating quark ever since I started lifting and running about 6 years ago. It's the perfect snack before going to bed. Just take 250g (or more if you need the extra protein) quark and put it in a bowl. Now add low fat milk, like 1.5% fat (torches down, gentlemen!) and stir until it's nice and creamy. You should now sweeten that stuff or it won't taste too good. I use sugar substitutes for that. I feel okay about it since I don't use that stuff only for quark and occasionally my morning coffee. Then add fruits if you want.

You will have a very healthy protein snack that fits right in after workout or before going to bed.

Of course, there are many ways to use quark. Just buy low fat quark, which is a common product and not a diet product. There is no strange process it became low fat. You can read this here http://suite101.com/article/quark-cheese---a-low-fat-secret-superfood-for-weight-loss-a229993

I hope I encouraged some of you to try quark, the german superfood for fitness.

Archived