Forums are back in action! ×

Lazy and lying, get behind me.

I found NF from a link on Strength Running. The I saw Steve's post about reasons to not workout. For a long time, I was a liar. Then I became lazy. Those are behind me now. I've been pounding the pavement for a while now, have gotten some fitness back, and now I have found NF. I couldn't be more excited. This is right up my alley. Steve's no-nonsense approach is awesome.

My immediate goal is to run a 5K (I will complete Couch to 5K this week). My race is scheduled for Sept 15, which will make it a culmination for the upcoming 6 weeks challenge. Perfect timing, huh.

My weight loss goals are to drop 100 pounds (down 55 already) and fit into size 34 pants again.

The BS of life caught up with me, and I let it overtake me. Now is the time to reclaim it and level up!

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior
STR: 25 | DEX: 11.75 | STA: 9.75
CON: 13.5 | WIS: 10.75 | CHA: 3

Challenge | DAI-GURREN | Stop Smoking

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding. - TMBG

Pay the Iron Price. - Balon Greyjoy

Good luck with your 5K, and man, 55lbs down already is pretty awesome!

[table=width: 700, align: center]

AngelCastaneda

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer

STR: 3 DEX: 2 STA: 2 CON: 2 WIS: 3 CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Eat Paleo. Run 5K. Walk 10K steps. Read Love Languages

Real-time Step Data | Fitocracy

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are

[/table]

For some sick reason, I do enjoy it. Mostly after though. There is something therapeutic about running in the woods.

To each their own! :D I love to swim. I grew up being a swimmer and even had an Olympic swim coach for a teacher, too! But I have friends that absolutely detest swimming as a workout and more as a float around and relaxing kind of thing where as I love both.

Why aim to look good in clothes when you can aim to look good naked?

I just started swimming. I like it, but my form is awful, so I have trouble going long distances. Any tips?

I mean, I'm not professional and I'm definitely not certified in anything technique related but the best way I learned was by watching (via irl or videos) how people do certain moves while having someone who knows the moves to watch me and tell me what I'm doing wrong. Like a lot of things it is hard to figure out what you're doing wrong with your own body when you can't see it.

So, I'd just suggest finding someone who looks like they know what they're doing to help you out. Sorry if that was a lame answer!

Why aim to look good in clothes when you can aim to look good naked?

Archived