Forums are back in action! ×

5"7' 190 lb. skinny fat fitness apprentice reporting in. About a year ago, I decided my life needed to change, but wasn't really been able to make headway on that until the summer, during which time I have so far cut nearly 10 lbs of fat, and built some muscle, as well as studied methods and studies on differing workout methods and muscle-building routines. I am pretty well-read on the subject of being fit, and I'll be the first to tell someone the best way to lose weight and/or gain muscle...but I lack the ability to follow my own advice, leading to a pretty poor workout schedule and an even worse diet.

My goals are to become quick, balanced, and strong. Able to do the tasks my body was ultimately built for. And, ultimately, I want to cut this stomach I have earned from years of a sedentary life.

Since the beginning of the summer, I have followed a strict workout regimen, which I believe is pretty useless in the strength building department. Mondays are my chest and triceps days, meaning hip push-ups, dips, dumbbell presses, and extensions (this, for some reason, is the day I see the most progress with). Wednesdays are my biceps/legs days, which equate to curls, dumbbell squats, deadlifts, and hamstring extensions. Fridays are for my shoulders and back, achieved through pull-ups, bent over rows, and some shoulder raises (I haven't a clue what to call my main shoulder exercise).

I am a stern HIIT advocate, and employ this very useful tool on my off days. I started off only being able to do 4 minutes of 20/40 splits. They were torture. Now I have brought it up to 20 minutes of 30/30 splits, and they couldn't make me happier. They give you such an adrenaline rush that lasts with you through the day. They are pretty empowering to do. They are definitely a terrific workout, and I am always panting and sweating more than I thought possible by the end. HIIT is the only change I've made in my fitness career that I stick by as truly excellent.

Unfortunately, I have reached a wall somewhere. I'm stuck fluctuating between 188 and 192 lbs, and I haven't a clue what to do next. I suppose my diet is pretty terrible, and I acknowledge this. I live in the world of processed foods, high in starch, carbs, and processed sugars. I have toyed with the notion of going Paleo for a while, and read up on all of the benefits, the science, and the anthropological implications. It all makes sense to me. But I simply cannot find the will-power to let go of my bread, pizza, and pasta.

I suppose I'm here to find alternative methods of altering my diet to see results without being miserable, and also to try and alter my weight-lifting schedule to see results when all I have to work with are dumbbells and my own bodyweight.

EDIT: Having looked through the different classes displayed here, I can say I'd rather like to take an approach similar to an Assassin Monk or Assassin Ranger class.

Winged One

Werewolf Assassin

"A terrifying mixture of the wits of man and the agility and efficiency of the wolf. Once he has your scent, you will never be safe wherever you are."

STR: 3 DEX: 2 STA: 3 CON: 2 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

Archived