Forums are back in action! ×

DJ Roomba has joined the game!

Hello, NF!

At the suggestion of my awesome sis-in-law IfItPlugsIn I've joined the hallowed ranks of the Rebellion.

I'm coming in partway through my weight loss/fitness journey, which I started March this year. Inspired by friends and family who were on their own 'well-being' journeys, I joined Weight Watchers. Over the course of the spring I lost over 20 pounds by changing my eating habits and exercising more. I quit WW after three months, feeling successful but also having wrung enough knowledge of their program to keep losing by myself. After a few weeks of going solo, I started using MyFitnessPal and thusfar have really enjoyed the challenge of counting calories. I'm now down 32 pounds and have plenty of motivation to lose 10-15 more.

The biggest factor in my success, however, has been my renewed love of bicyling. For Christmas, I received a tuned-up Gary Fisher Zebrano hybrid. I'm fortunate enough to live close to my workplace, so I started biking to work in May. As the weeks have gone by, I've dramatically improved my commute times and even found longer routes that I can take to get to work in the same amount of time. I also just bought a SECOND bike, a 2010 Trek 1.5. It's my first road bike and I love it!

I'm looking forward to next week's challenge to get me off a plateau I've been on for a few weeks. I logged 450 miles on my bike(s) in July and I hope to go over 500 in August, as well as complete my first half-century ride.

Finally, a little bit about me: I'm a beer drinking robot.

Archived