Forums are back in action! ×

This is an embarrassingly dumb question.

coonskee

Of course the NY resident loves NY :P

Anyway, I'm around town a bit this weekend, albeit I'll be up in downsview park (VELDDDDDDDD)

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

I grabbed a "dual pulley machine" instead of a lat pulldown machine for my first set (oops). I could only get in 27.5lb reps, and BARELY - when I switched to the lat machine, I was bringing 55lb reps to the same level. What exactly is the difference between the two? From what I remember of physics, more pulleys = less force exerted by the user

A dual pulley machine is one which allows you to load at the bottom and the top of the machine, or left and right, so you can pull up or push down. the two pulleys aren't on the same line, so they don't make the movement any easier. if you loaded two top handles seperately, then you were not only doing the same weight as in your lat pull down, but you were working harder to stabilize the load.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

Sadly, you missed a great opportunity to set the example of politeness. Guess hogging equipment is the norm. :( I'd have simply said "No, but go ahead. We can rotate." I've done that more'n a few times. I personally can't STAND when someone rests on a bench/seat between sets. Saw one guy do 5 sets of lat pulls with 2 minutes between sets. You can do the math here. *rolling eyes* I mean, is he the only one who wants to work out today?

Glad you were trying to be cordial and have a little humor as well, but some folks have no sense of humor. :(

While I appreciate the feedback, I don't feel that I was being unreasonable and he seemed to be ok with it. In this specific program you start out with 2 sets of 15 reps with 60 seconds of rest between sets- by the time I'd put down the bar back in the bench press rack, had a sip of water and answered his question I was about ready to start my second (and final) set. Additionally, I'd spent 5-10 minutes waiting around for other equipment to free up in a gym with a rather large collection of free weights. It also doesn't help to be a not very fit women amidst a sea of very fit men where there's a palpable "your workout isn't as important as mine" attitude.

The lesson I learned: don't go to the gym at 8 PM if you want to complete a workout in a timely manner. At peak hours it's feels very much like that friend who always says,"You gonna finish that?" as they're grabbing food off your plate and putting it in their mouth.

[TABLE=width: 600, class: outer_border, align: center]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hobbit Adventurer

Level 1

The road goes ever on and on

-J.R.R. Tolkien

Fitocracy

Runkeeper

2012 Hiking Challenge

STR – 4.5

DEX – 2.75

STA – 4.25