Forums are back in action! ×

Step 1: I post here. Step 2: ??? Step 3: Profit!

Hello NFers,

After lurking for a while, I guess it's time for my official introduction. I don't even remember how I came across this site, but I've been devouring all the articles, and figured I should join the boards too.

I'm a 27 year old guy, and I've been living in Canada for the past 10 years. I've never been overweight, but over the past 6 or 7 years, I've definitely put on some weight, and have made bad choices regarding food and exercise.

In late 2011, my wife was pregnant, and the thought of having to take care of a little one made me feel like I had to take care of myself as well. Also, the chair incident was a bit of a wake-up call.

Since last winter, I've lost 17lbs (5'7": 175 -> 158lbs), mostly by eating better. My wife and I have been cooking a lot of The Stone Soup's recipes, and they're both simple and fairly healthy. They're not 100% paleo, though, which is something we're thinking about.

On an average day, I sit at work for eight hours at a time, so I've been looking for ways to be more active (ie.: taking the stairs, getting off the bus a few stops earlier, or just walking home). I'm now ready to start exercising a bit more frequently. After I got a Fitbit, I've been more aware of ways to increase my activity levels.

My friend convinced me to run a 5K this fall, so I'm currently doing the C25K program. I will be adding that as my main goal for the upcoming 6-week challenge.

Cheers!

[table=width: 700, align: center]

AngelCastaneda

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer

STR: 3 DEX: 2 STA: 2 CON: 2 WIS: 3 CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Eat Paleo. Run 5K. Walk 10K steps. Read Love Languages

Real-time Step Data | Fitocracy

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are

[/table]

Yep, this will be my first race. You'll kill it, man. Keep your head up!

Thanks! Good luck with your race too :)

AngelCastaneda

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are

[/table]

Hey, I'm running a 5k on September 9th. Which one's yours? :P I'm doing the NYC Komen Run for the Cure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

Hey, I'm running a 5k on September 9th. Which one's yours? :P I'm doing the NYC Komen Run for the Cure.

I'm running the Kidney Foundation's Renal Ride, Glide and Stride, in Winnipeg. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

AngelCastaneda

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer

[/table]

Archived